Moutain Bike Insurance When Abroad.

MEZ50

T6 Guru
Hi All,

I'm having problems insuring my MTB for a Holiday abroad.

House insurance will look after my bike at home but not Abroad as its over £5k.

Best offers so far :- Change House insurance with 6 months still to go. Extra £200

Independent Bike only, annual insurance £174 .

Take my lesser value Hard Tail to ride in Spanish Sierra's :(:(:(:cautious::cautious::cautious:

Has anyone just insured their Bike for the duration of a holiday say 60 days ?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

I always thought I was covered by my home insurance. Have you phoned them to find out for sure?

Interesting, never even thought of checking that my bike was insured out of the country. Will have a look at that. Does you insurance cover you for a new bike if yours gets nicked? If they only cover current value it will be under £5k

Interesting, never even thought of checking that my bike was insured out of the country. Will have a look at that. Does you insurance cover you for a new bike if yours gets nicked? If they only cover current value it will be under £5k

Hi CM,

In the UK my House Insurance cover the Bike new for old for the full value.

But abroad they will only cover a bike up to £1,900.00.

Looking for a 60 day European cover just for Theft of the Bike.

Sorry @MEZ50 ... my home contents covers all my stuff at anytime, anywhere in the world.

For injuries I've always used these guys whenever I go to ride : Snowcard | Insure your adventure

They're a competitor of DogTag (above) but only allow up to £3,000 sporting goods cover per trip and it really jacks up the premium as well. Looks like you may be best off getting a more comprehensive contents policy for home and goods in the end

Sorry @MEZ50 ... my home contents covers all my stuff at anytime, anywhere in the world.

For injuries I've always used these guys whenever I go to ride : Snowcard | Insure your adventure

They're a competitor of DogTag (above) but only allow up to £3,000 sporting goods cover per trip and it really jacks up the premium as well. Looks like you may be best off getting a more comprehensive contents policy for home and goods in the end

Thanks Shredder.

I think your right, will change my House insurance when it comes up for renewal.

@MEZ50
Is it an option to hire a bike?

If you hire, I’m guessing it may come with insurance, or at a low price?

@MEZ50
Is it an option to hire a bike?

If you hire, I’m guessing it may come with insurance, or at a low price?

Not really @Ghost . We are driving down to Tarifa then following the Sun along the Mediterranean taking in different areas to ride the bikes. Then back through France.

Back