More oomph!

dubdub

T6 Pro
Hi all, I have a 150bhp version and was toying with a remap to around 200bhp? has anyone done that? was it worth doing in terms of extra grunt? are there any down sides like terrible fuel consumption or getting through front tyres etc?

We will leave alone the insurance and warranty aspects for now, just interested in the pro's/con's of the upgrade :thumbsup:

My experience is the mpg is often the same if not upto 4mpg better if you are not heavy with the right foot to often. These engines dont appear that reliable but id recommend all day long on Euro 5 varients.

150s remap to 190bhp & 320lbft.

Well worth the extra power. Turbo spools up better and quicker and much easier to drive daily.
No change in mpg. It's still crap at 29mpg average over 16000 miles so far.
About 14k on tyres, loaded up and on b14s.

Use Pendle performance.

Cool, i only have about 2,500 miles on the van so far, is it ok to remap so soon or should you let the engine run in a few thousand mile first before kicking it up the ass!

Cool, i only have about 2,500 miles on the van so far, is it ok to remap so soon or should you let the engine run in a few thousand mile first before kicking it up the ass!

It's fine. My engine in my prelude was rebuilt and remapped straight away then tweaked over a several miles.

Pendle will also offer a warranty for your engine to match the remaining of the manufacturers one, that shows some real confidence in there product
There have been several reports of badly mapped vehicles going to pendle to get redone properly

I believe Pendle can give a separate warranty. @andythom188, what did Pendle tell you after your remap with them?
Sorry pal only just seen this martin said vw have been sending brand news vans there for remap so must be ok. Does not quote silly figures
My van is just coming to life now with 6k on the clock
Had mine remaped at about 3500 miles

Anyone know what you can expect from a 2.0l 102ps blue motion remap?

I'm rocking a non euro engine. I'm still trying to work out if a few early T6s don't have them as most seem to be a 5 of 6 now.
I'm pretty sure all the Euro 4 engines were finished in the change to T5.1 and even the very earliest T6s must be Euro5?

The T6 started on Euro 5 for the 180 bi turbo (like Mine) and euro 6 on the lower bhp then all on 6 soon after. No euro 4 that I am aware of .

Back