More oomph!

I'm probably wrong but havent really given the engine much attention. Are there any easy ways of telling which I have. I'm away with work for a week with the van but without the v5. Anything on the van give it away? I don't need to use the addblue stuff that I'm aware of. My understanding is that the addblue is used in all euro engines.

All T5/6s are "Euro engines" of some sort, the number just denotes the level of regulation they had to meet at the time. As @foggy3061 says, Adblue only came in to meet Euro 6 regulation so if you don't have a filler cap under the diesel filler flap then it's a Euro 5 :thumbsup:

I have very recently had a Pendle remap performed on my manual EU6 150.
The prints outs I have from the dyno runs show:
- Before: 162.8bhp peak & 354.6 nm
- After: 187.7bhp & 430 nm

However my focus was not on peak numbers, but the shape of the torque curve in particular.

BUT - there is a problem with the map I have which I'm trying to resolve with Pendle. Basically any full throttle in 5th or 6th above 2000rpm results in a 'pulsing' through the drivetrain - feels like driving over washboard tarmac. It's definitely a full throttle issue as it disappears if I back off slightly.

I am sure that this problem will get resolved and I certainly very much prefer the van with the new map.

However my focus was not on peak numbers, but the shape of the torque curve in particular.

BUT - there is a problem with the map I have which I'm trying to resolve with Pendle. Basically any full throttle in 5th or 6th above 2000rpm results in a 'pulsing' through the drivetrain - feels like driving over washboard tarmac. It's definitely a full throttle issue as it disappears if I back off slightly.

I am sure that this problem will get resolved and I certainly very much prefer the van with the new map.

Take it back to the agent and Martyn will have a look and adjust accordingly,

The bhp increase is fairly moderate, but, like you, I am more interested in how overal power is delivered through the rev range.
What did you notice by way of improvement ?.
Cheers.

I had the same issue but i went back immediately and Martin reduced the torque comming in at 1800rpm and delayed it to 2100rpm.
This was because i have 20" wheels and are quite heavy also. The vibrating you feel is the gearbox diff getting to much torque from the turbo spool.

Back