Mk1 Caddy Price

mr_speakeasy

VIP Member
Hey all, my friend is considering selling a 1989 1.6 caddy, pretty restored <100k miles, I’m thinking of buying it but neither of us have any idea of its value. Not much out there to compare it with, any ideas or advice?

Thanks

Joel

Hey all, my friend is considering selling a 1989 1.6 caddy, pretty restored <100k miles, I’m thinking of buying it but neither of us have any idea of its value. Not much out there to compare it with, any ideas or advice?

Thanks

Joel

It's worth whatever somebody is prepared to pay, but TBH it's totally dependant on condition. Less than 100K miles at that age is quite remarkable, if that is supported by service history you might be able to buy a van that doesn't depreciate if you keep it tidy and buy it at a sensible price.
Others might give you a better idea if you put some photos on here.

Depends on condition really.
Is the tailgate still on? Which engine?
Is it modded? Start at an original paint unmolested 1.6D in good cosmetic and mechanical condition should fetch 10k and Work down from there. Everything is expensive to replace interior wise. Tailgates are non existent. Sounds like mechanically its sound, but thats the easy part! They're cool, but mk2 golf's in from this year are cooler and more practical and similar money.

Back