Conversion / Alteration Advice

finny

Hi all, I'm need of sone advice / opinions on a change of use for my van as I'm driving myself mad with options!

I currently have a converted T6.1 with Rib Altair bed, kitchen, cupboards, wardrobe etc which is fantastic. But what I'm needing now is more of van for work and play ie something like a Kombi conversion with an Ovano / Cadco bed / drawer system as this will suit my work needs a lot better. As it's now winter its one of the least desirable times to sell as a full camper.

Is it an insane idea to remove the Rib bed and camper furniture and put in Kombi seats? This will probably mean new flooring and rerouting of some electrics and services etc? I'm unsure of the value of second hand rib beds and furniture etc or even if people would consider buying them. I'm in a bit of quandary as the van is great but I'm juts not getting as much use day in day as I could be.

Thanks all!

I have a Kombi with a Vanking bed. I love how versatile this set up is.
I can use it to cart the family around, go camping in it using the Vanking bed and when needed, take out the bed and seat and load it with plasterboard, wood etc or do tip runs.
Would it not be better to sell yours as an already made camper and buy yourself a Kombi?

Do a swap?

For example, we have a kombi+ ovano and are looking to go camper. With the Rib bed, cupboard etc.

So it m may be possible to do a swap over with someone?

I have a Kombi with a Vanking bed. I love how versatile this set up is.
I can use it to cart the family around, go camping in it using the Vanking bed and when needed, take out the bed and seat and load it with plasterboard, wood etc or do tip runs.
Would it not be better to sell yours as an already made camper and buy yourself a Kombi?
Hi, thanks for the reply. Because if I were to buy a van / kombi it would need to be a business purchase and my accountant has warned me to steer clear of kombi's for the BIK charges.

Do a swap?

For example, we have a kombi+ ovano and are looking to go camper. With the Rib bed, cupboard etc.

So it m may be possible to do a swap over with someone?
I hadn't thought of that. But I would be open to it as long as it works out financially and be the right spec of van.

Back