Met my First T6 Owner

Roadrunner

Grape Yellow Beach
T6 Legend
So was at the campsite over the weekend when I see these lights glareing at me in daylight (LED do that) and realise some one has just come in towing a caravan with a T6. Watched him parrk the caravan then the van and see the rear door open. afer a coupleof moments I said to my whife I think the guy has a Beach si went down to have a chat. Turned out is was an Ocean so nearly turned around and went back but I said hello. Got chatting an dthe first thing the guy said was het got it pre Birtexit, that did not endear me to him and my first thoughtwas he was off the other forum. He then bitched on about the roof corrosion saying all calies had it (do they?). After that he told me he was fitting a solat panel to the roof and had done the electrics joining into the main display and showed me the controller in the wardrobe. By then I'd had enough and went of saying goodby. Last thing he asked was what colour was mine. Not sure if he was impressed by my saing Grape Yellow. Afraid the guy seemed full of himself with is speced up Ocean 204 4motion DSG though I wonder how he will be able to claim on the roof corrosion if he has fitted a solar panel an fitted his own electrics. The guy I met with the lowered T5 wa more friendly
Mind you I did see anothe beach the same colour as mine with LED lights going the other way on the way home, could not wave as I was in the wifes car

I've not even managed to meet with another T6 owner in my neck of the woods. I've got one guy on this forum with a killer T6 20 mins away but not met yet. Would love to get to an event where there's a few of you guys there.

TBH I did not know what to make of the guy though if he had said bought it pre tax increase I'd be more impressed Pre Bretexit said to me it was a 16 plate which it was. He seemed friendly with the motorhome beside him. He brought his mum down to stay in the caravan most of the Cali's I've seen there are T5's and they keep to themselves. Lots of camper conversions and noted one lady there on her own with a couple of dogs.
Saw quite a few T6's on the way home.

Just walked past a nice black Cali 204 4motion, considered having a chat, spotted the dreaded VWCC sticker, walked on.

Sad, I just like to see other models of the same mark to see what improvements may have been made ?

Sad, I just like to see other models of the same mark to see what improvements may have been made ?
Me too but too often the true enthusiasts get drowned out by badge worshipping goons IMO.

Mind you there's the other side too; many seem to think true enthusiasts must attempt to squeeze into a splitty/Bay and drive everywhere at 30mph doing 20mpg with zero crash protection.

I'm not a sticker person but going to get some from forum shop just to try and help get a wave.

I'm a very new member to the VW world. I've spent as long as I can remember admiring all versions of the VW campers and now I'm a very proud owner of my first. And I must admit, I'm very surprised and some what disappointed and the random van snobbery that seems to exist. Why do some people seem to think they are above or better than anyone else, just because of the van they drive. Extremely pathetic if you ask me :thumbsdown:

I don't think it just a VW thing, seems to me that there are a lot of snobs about be it vans, cars, houses, clothes whatever.
I've had a couple of looks when I've pulled up outside a job since I started using my sprinter for work instead of my T6. You can tell that they're thinking "urgh white van pleb" or words to that effect.
I've never been that way or understood why people would be like it. Luckily I couldn't care less what people think about me other than my family and loved ones so it doesn't matter, but can understand why other sensitive souls might take offence or be upset by it!

Maybe I can start a Sprinter thread in "The Pub" and moan about how it's always going wrong (which it probably will).
I don't mind the rusty steel wheels they're growing on me, and if I pick up a few dents and scratches I'll never know as there are loads already!

Back