Maxton V2 Splitter (Textured)

Yzfr1

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi,
Has anyone here fitted the Maxton V2 splitter that's got the textured finish?
I was wondering if the textured version is a good mach for the OEM plastic parts.
I not sure if a gloss one may look odd against my OEM unpainted plastics.

Is the commercial bumper the same finish?
I have a painted bumper......just the inserts are std textured finish.
Van1 (2)_LI.jpg

I’m not 100% sure, I thought they were the same finish with the textured nobbly bits. I know people sand them off when they paint it up but I don’t know it’s the same finish as the highline style grills. They have a slightly different finish on them though anyway

I’m not 100% sure, I thought they were the same finish with the textured nobbly bits. I know people sand them off when they paint it up but I don’t know it’s the same finish as the highline style grills. They have a slightly different finish on them though anyway
That's what I'm worried about.
Do i get textured and it doesn't match the rest or do i go gloss and not let my ocd eat me alive looking at three different finishes on the front bumper...... :confused:

No, I mean the highline grills are different, some are textured some aren’t. I think as long as it’s the same grey it will be ok and you can use some plastics restorer to ensure that.

I think it’s a good idea. It’s better than fitting aftermarket gloss black grills

That's what I'm worried about.
Do i get textured and it doesn't match the rest or do i go gloss and not let my ocd eat me alive looking at three different finishes on the front bumper...... :confused:
If you have all standard textured black plastics on the front end and add a gloss black splitter it just won’t look right. You’ll always notice that it doesn’t match the rest of the front end plastics.

I would go with the textured one, even if it isn’t a 100% match, because it’ll always be better than having just one gloss black item on an otherwise matt/textured front end.

I’ve seen a van with a textured black splitter from van style and it matched well with the textured high line plastics, it looked very good as a combination.

They aren’t going to sit directly next to each other either and at a completely different angle so you can get away with any minor variation

If you have all standard textured black plastics on the front end and add a gloss black splitter it just won’t look right. You’ll always notice that it doesn’t match the rest of the front end plastics.

I would go with the textured one, even if it isn’t a 100% match, because it’ll always be better than having just one gloss black item on an otherwise matt/textured front end.

I’ve seen a van with a textured black splitter from van style and it matched well with the textured high line plastics, it looked very good as a combination.
Think you are on my same wave length......ill go check on the van style one out now!

DD4326B8-70B8-4F6B-A27D-D7479295AB41.jpeg
This is mine before I changed the grills and I don’t think it looks that bad.

The other option is to go carbon fibre

They don’t look great on their website, but perhaps @T6180 could share a pic of his front end to show you the overall look.
Your right.......it doesn't look great on their website. Looks like its just filled a space. The height of the van doesn't help the pic though.
Colour match/texture looks very good though.

Back