Maxton splitter

Hi Fellas,

Right, thought I would share with you my input on the Maxton splitters. My original splitter/bodykit bumper came as part of the Wasp package from Swiss Vans. I had it lowered 40mm and the Wasp splitter added. I never knew just how low it was going to be with that splitter on and being lowered. Turns out I had less than 100mm ground clearance.

Anyway, after 3 months of having to Google Earth every route I have taken ( to see if there were any speed bumps etc.) I decided that I would take a punt on the V1 of this splitter, after reading this thread. If any of you wanted to know what the V1 look slike with the red stripe, then look below. I chose the Gloss Black splitter with the red, as it matched my Gloss Black wheels, and red painted calipers.

As much as I loved the original one, it just was not practical in my opinion to have on there. I love these splitters; just wished I had put one on at the start.

Pictures show the original Swiss Splinter, then the Maxton V1.

Cheers.

old1.JPG old2.JPG old3.JPG old4.JPG old5.JPG md1.JPG md2.JPG md3.JPG

Last edited:
the Maxtons are really good value for money!!

@Frosty , did you paint the callipers yourself? What process you use?

No buddy. I had some speaker upgrades and electrical work done at Autosound in Blackpool. They do the detailing there and painting the calipers. He recommended that I had them done the same colour as possible to the Wolfrace logo red on in the centre of the wheel. I really like them. I know they are not everybodys cup of tea, but they look better than rusty ones I suppose :)

IMG_7082.JPG

Red is the Best colour im going to paint mine when my upgrade arrives
i did my Audi S8 brakes Red too as below..lol
5wfq0g.jpg

Last edited:
So you stripped the callipers to get them done then? I really want mine done but can't find anyone local that will strip, paint and refit everything without A) it costing a fortune B) it meaning the van being off the road for 3/4 days.

diy job,, Halfords caliper paint any colour you like
its so easy to do
wheels off
calipers off 2 bolts
caliper carriers off 2 bolts
paint - re assemble next day
done £10

Hi,

I have just taken delivery of a ksb-autosport splitter after waiting over two weeks for it as it was out of stock (but did not say that when they took payment for it)
anyway I have now read the forum after the fact (stupidly) have I made a mistake with ksb autosport as all I am reading about are the Maxton splitters.

Has anyone used these ksb parts before please ????? !!!!!

@Amped how easy is the v.2 to install, is it just a straight bolt on job or is there drilling and adhering involved. Just ordered the v2 yesterday

@Amped how easy is the v.2 to install, is it just a straight bolt on job or is there drilling and adhering involved. Just ordered the v2 yesterday
It is a drill and bolt job. Have fitted a V1 to mine and a V2 to someone else’s.

Thanks mate. Easy job? @DaveyB. What's the best way? Jack it up and axle stands or remove the front bumper?
I just stuck the front end in the air using ramps. It is totally achievable without removing the bumper, but you will scrape the backs of your hands a bit when putting the bolts in the two corners. The two that I have done, were done with the bumper on. Now that I can the bumper off and back on really quickly, if I were to do it again i’d probably opt for the bumper off approach, both would take about the same time when you know where all of the fixings are. Even if you are leaving the bumper on, you’ll still need to take out virtually all of the bolts/ screws to enable you to get your hands under all of the plastic trim.

Back