Mattress Topper Advice?

narrative_escapes

T6 Pro
Okay, the bed in my T6 is slowly killing me. Well, I am exegerating. But let's say it gives me a pain in my back which when the longer than 1-2 night trips come up is going to kill me ;)

I have a mattress topper but it obviously isn't doing the job. Just looking for what other people have used to save me punting and spending forever?

At the moment the problem I am having is the pillows feel too low even when the van is level and the bed is too hard.

Interesting. I am having trouble figuring out whether it comes with a mattress topper in and and how thick it is.

The challenge I have is I am already using a 4cm I think and its not working.

Duvalay mattress topper is great on our RIB bed. :thumbsup: Different thicknesses available but we just use 25mm version.

Interesting. Will investigate. It is possible my current topper is just crap.

It is supposedly 4cm and while it takes away the hardness of the bed there is no sense of sinking into it a bit so it still all feels to flat.

Seems you need to solve to problems. The removal of the absolute hardness and delivering some sense of sink so your back doesn't feel like it is on a level surface (if delves at the right points).

The journey continues.

Having written this down it said 4cm but I am not sure it is really, maybe that is part of the problem haha.

We have a RIB bed in our van, also had difficulty sleeping, tried a couple of mattress toppers then seen a post about using an inflatable air bed. It is stored rolled up with the other bedding at the back of the van, once the RIB bed is in the sleeping position we blow the air bed up with an electric pump, have a great nights sleep then deflate before rolling all the bedding back to the back of the van. Works for us!

We have a RIB bed in our van, also had difficulty sleeping, tried a couple of mattress toppers then seen a post about using an inflatable air bed. It is stored rolled up with the other bedding at the back of the van, once the RIB bed is in the sleeping position we blow the air bed up with an electric pump, have a great nights sleep then deflate before rolling all the bedding back to the back of the van. Works for us!

Now that is an interesting idea. Bit of a hassle blowing it up and deflating it but I have slept on blow up beds before without a problem.

Will consider!!

I mean there is a solution obviously it just seems to but a bit of a punt and keep trying effort

We've just bought this butScreenshot_20200128-233035_Chrome.jpg still waiting for it to arrive. It seems to be more floppy than memory foam so easier to roll up. We've got a 118 bed and this is 135cm so should tuck in nicely. It's also made out of of wool with cotton outer so should be cooler in summer. It arrives tomorrow so we'll let you know what our thoughts are once we have tried it

Just had a first nights sleep with it and would definitely buy again. Fits lovely on a 118 bed, rolls up well with rest of bedding and not too bulky. Warm and cosy and 4/5 comfort level. Should be cool to sleep on in summer too.

I've got to amend the comfort level to 3/5. I think the bottle of wine made it comfier! We still really like the wool topper but a good memory foam will probably beat it on the the comfort.

Ultimately the moral of the story is don't buy a topper... buy wine.

Have a Vango 10cm self-inflating mattress and it's done the business.

Only problem is the dog wants to share it and I have a single for space.

Now that is an interesting idea. Bit of a hassle blowing it up and deflating it but I have slept on blow up beds before without a problem.

Will consider!!

I mean there is a solution obviously it just seems to but a bit of a punt and keep trying effort
I have the self inflate mattress and works wonders , when not in use stored in the pop up bed,

Okay, the bed in my T6 is slowly killing me. Well, I am exegerating. But let's say it gives me a pain in my back which when the longer than 1-2 night trips come up is going to kill me ;)

I have a mattress topper but it obviously isn't doing the job. Just looking for what other people have used to save me punting and spending forever?

At the moment the problem I am having is the pillows feel too low even when the van is level and the bed is too hard.

I tried the California Vango but it was rubbish ... Gonna buy a memory foam one.

I've tried everything, re-upholstered mattress with special memory foam, self-inflating mats x 2 types, Duvalay thickest topper etc.

The only thing I found comfy was an airbed, but it's so thick that I'm pushed up against the ceiling.

I had to buy a caravan in the end with a fixed bed. :rofl:

Back