Sold Matt Black Vinyl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi

Television Lighting Engineer
T6 Guru
44C659D9-CB8D-4D24-8BBD-EF3A9F96CAD8.jpeg I just got a square metre of Matt black vinyl from my mate, I used a strip to wrap the chrome strip in the grill. If anyone wants a strip let me know.

View attachment 41657 I just got a square metre of Matt black vinyl from my mate, I used a strip to wrap the chrome strip in the grill. If anyone wants a strip let me know.

How ironic, I was in Ebay yesterday looking at a sheet of wrap after a minor incident with the motorhome at a German site the other day :mad:

I will take it if you still have it?

PM me how much you need and your address. I have a bit of black gloss too if that’s any good.

Do you have any wings? :rofl:

Only kidding, @Tourershine, hope it isn’t too much damage.

Not really no.
I reversed onto a grass pitch with my reversing camera, which didn't show the fact the pitch banked up at the end. Rear bumper caught the bank and ripped it off. It's not really a bumper, more a nice plastic cover, but after a call to my dealer and them telling me the panel is £950, I will repair it. Theres no visual damage thank goodness, just a crack behind one of the rear reflectors, which I will hide with a vinyl wrap.

Ouch. But glad to hear that it is repairable

First time I've ever damaged my MH. I could dropped on the floor and cried when I saw it hanging off, but it was snowing and the floor was wet. Nothing major though. I just figured if the panel was cheap enough, I'd just replace it.

View attachment 41657 I just got a square metre of Matt black vinyl from my mate, I used a strip to wrap the chrome strip in the grill. If anyone wants a strip let me know.

Hi would this be any good for covering the top of the rear bumper? I had to remove a plastic bumper protector that had been put on by the previous owner it looked good but it was to deep and rubbed the bottom of the tailgate. However as I removed it some paint came off with it, I was gonna use some hammerite or something similar but this may work better, what do you think?
Thanks sorry about the long message
Eyres’ee

Hi would this be any good for covering the top of the rear bumper? I had to remove a plastic bumper protector that had been put on by the previous owner it looked good but it was to deep and rubbed the bottom of the tailgate. However as I removed it some paint came off with it, I was gonna use some hammerite or something similar but this may work better, what do you think?
Thanks sorry about the long message
Eyres’ee

Just buy a VW carbon step protector, or similar. I have one and they fit lovely without catching anything.

It’s too thin and would scratch easily. Get the bumper cover as mentioned above.

Hang on. Did everyone miss this bit? It's been cracking the flags here so where the Smeg are you @Tourershine ? Europe is generally +10°c at the mo?

I was in the mountains where yes, it snowed. Caught me off guard too, but thankfully I have M&S tyres that were actually very good, but so was the efficiency of the German gritters up there.

20190414_080430.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back