Marks under water filler cap

Hi can anyone help....Since my water tank was installed I've had marks under the water filler cap. They don't appear to be permanent but reappear after washing. It's unsightly. I contact Rhino installs who did the work and he has no idea. Can anyone suggest how to resolve this? Thanks

IMG_20210402_180547.jpg

I don't think so, as there is no problem under the hook up flap ( see photo)
The close up of the water filler cap shows in my opinion clumsy sealing...I wonder if it is the sealant he has used...and how to get rid of it?

IMG_20210407_172218.jpg

IMG_20210407_172246.jpg

I have the very same filler, I think it could be water collection in the filler neck following washing which then flows out when the van is in motion, dirt/ dust then sticks to the outpouring, what I tend to do is take the cap off after washing then drying both the cap and filler neck. This seems to stop any problem for me.

Last edited:
I have the very same filler, I think it could be water collection in the filler neck following washing which then flows out when the van is in motion, dirt/ dust then sticks to the outpouring, what I tend to do is take the cap off after washing then drying both the can and filler neck. This seems to stop any problem for me.
Thanks I will try this

Back