Manchester airport T2 parking

Nande2000

IT Fixer
T6 Pro
Anyone parked their van in Manchester airport multi storey ? I have a T6.1 SWB combi , looking to travel from T2 next month. The airport faqs state the height restrictions are at 2 metres, which is only 1 cm clear of the van :eek:(

Not sure which car park it was but I have a campervan with a solar panel on that made a slight scraping noise going under the 2 metre barrier :oops:, luckily no damage but then I discovered they have a separate car park for over 2 metre vehicles which I used when I went again ;), check on their website, must be something on there

I've been in there. I ducked a I drove under every beam, but the reality was I had at least at foot of clearance.

Anyone parked their van in Manchester airport multi storey ? I have a T6.1 SWB combi , looking to travel from T2 next month. The airport faqs state the height restrictions are at 2 metres, which is only 1 cm clear of the van :eek:(
I've just booked my T6.1 Kombi into T2 West multi-storey for 23rd January. I've got 20" wheels with 275/40/20 tyres, but otherwise stock vehicle.

I'll let you know how we get on...holiday stress I don't need but it'll go one way or t'other

Yeah if you drive in just avoid the ramp up and drop off zones the main carpark the one at the front of the terminal doors hasn’t a restriction

We use APH off airport parking. Half the price, great service, no hassle.

There's nothing quite like walking straight from the terminal to your vehicle, jump in, rev up and fu cough.

We got in on 23rd no probs..maybe 50mm of clearance
Hi. I’m a newbie to here and getting first T6 on Friday. Was wondering do you have roof bars? Mine has so am concerned might take me over the limit as planning to take to Manc airport soon (mid stay T1/T3). Cheers.

Hi. I’m a newbie to here and getting first T6 on Friday. Was wondering do you have roof bars? Mine has so am concerned might take me over the limit as planning to take to Manc airport soon (mid stay T1/T3). Cheers.
Hi mate, no I don't have them sorry..its the main entrance which is close..beyond that it's fine..it'll probably be 50/50 I guess for you but you don't need the stress when you're going on holiday

Not sure which car park it was but I had a standard none lowered campervan with a solar panel on that made a slight scraping noise going under the 2 metre barrier :oops:, luckily no damage but then I discovered they have a separate car park for over 2 metre vehicles which I used when I went again ;), check on their website, must be something on there

Thanks both. It’s a quandary. The van is perfect as 5 of us and luggage. Car is a squeeze. I’ll enquire about the over 2 metres park.

I've just booked my T6.1 Kombi into T2 West multi-storey for 23rd January. I've got 20" wheels with 275/40/20 tyres, but otherwise stock vehicle.

I'll let you know how we get on...holiday stress I don't need but it'll go one way or t'other
How did you get on with the height barrier?

How did you get on with the height barrier?
Hi, I am about to book some parking and wondered how you got on with getting under the barrier of the multistory? I have a standard t6.1 combi and concerned it will not fit. I am going for work and don't want to mess around with off site parking. My T6 just fit and I did not consider until now the .1 is slightly higher.

Reactions: CAB
Back