Manchester Airport Parking - T1 Multi-story?

timthetinyhorse

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Flying to Morocco for a surf holiday in May and need to leave the van at Manchester airport. Been looking at the Multi-storey but nervous about the 2m height restriction, my van is a stock T6 T28 on 16" standard wheels so should be 1990mm in height but just 10cm clearance is making me panic i get there and have issues.

Has anyone parked in the carparks there?

Thanks

I've been in the T2 Multi Storey. The tightest bit was going under the entrance barrier. Once inside, there was plenty of height. At least a foot clearance under the lowest beams. Even tho' I could still see other vans in there, I still ducked under beams. :rolleyes:

I have used T1 numerous times n the car , and seen plenty of vans in there. Just remember where you parked it. DAMHIK.
Cheers
Mark

Cheers chaps!

Was thinking take the car but a 3 series isn’t really great at swallowing surfboards and all the bits for 3 people. Sure it will be fine as the VW height is 1990 anyhow.

Wish we were flying from Newcastle and wouldn’t have any of this nonsense to deal with

Anyone used T1 multi storey car park with their Transporter this year? I can duck under 2.1m but haven’t tried 2.0m limits. I’m 60mm lowered on 20’s with roof rails.

I have parked in T1 short stay which was open air and used the drop off route which runs under the car park. I can’t recall if that was a 2.0m height barrier. Probably was. I know the entry barriers can potentially be lower than the ceilings. But better safe than sorry.

To answer my previous question for anyone mildly interested, my van is 1.98m to the top of the roll rails and there’s at least 2.1m clearance in T1 multi storey. Measured the lower hanging cable trunking …… still a little more room to the concrete beams. Still ducked my head and drove quite slow.

IMG_4992.jpegIMG_4991.jpeg

reminds me of an incident a couple of years ago. a colleague had been in a town centre car park on numerous occasions that had a big hefty steel barrier height restriction at the entrance. then one day "crunch" WTF. they had only gone and resurfaced the entrance ramp and not thought to adjust the barrier. where there's blame there was a claim!

Back