Major Mod!

Just got home and fitted mine but sadly they also catch when you shut the doors. I think the double sided tape is too thick, so I will try some slimmer tape tomorrow.

Just got home and fitted mine but sadly they also catch when you shut the doors. I think the double sided tape is too thick, so I will try some slimmer tape tomorrow.

I’ve tried a slimmer tape but no joy, I think @Kyle hartley has the tape spot on, it may be that some doors are closer fitting.

Mine too.
I wonder if it's something with the Black.
Has anyone else got Black that fit without catching?

Looking through the thread quite a few folks seem to have Black but not posted any issues.
I think Kyle has a nice product, but maybe not for all, shame really.

Mine too.
I wonder if it's something with the Black.
Has anyone else got Black that fit without catching?

I've got black and they work fine although, they don't quite sit flush back due to the thickness of the 3m tape, but its certainly not a problem

Could it be the head of the bolt touching the back of the cover possibly? I wonder if a countersunk bolt would solve this problem people are having?

Mine don’t catch, what is the width of the door gap from the outside with the door closed, I’ll measure mine in the morning to compare.

A consistent 5mm top to bottom both sides.
I have a consistent 4.3mm with no catching, so even closer that yours (measured on the side without the sliding door).
The cover is also close with only a tiny gap of .5mm, not sure you could get this closer and also get a grab with the vhb tape.
IMG_0871.jpg

I have a consistent 4.3mm with no catching, so even closer that yours (measured on the side without the sliding door).
The cover is also close with only a tiny gap of .5mm, not sure you could get this closer and also get a grab with the vhb tape.
View attachment 28065

Mine sat exactly the same as your picture. I don't think it needs much fettling, the only issue being as they've already caught the door, it's scratched the new plates.

Back