Lowered on coilovers - can I go swamper?

baldercank

I bought my T6 TSI lowered on stance + coilovers and running 20” wheels. They are staggered. It’s as low as it can go on them.

Basically my Mrs can’t help but kerb the van literally every time she drives it so I’m thinking I could swap to a smaller swamper rim with AT tyre and that might help our relationship as well as the alloys.

Is that possible with just new wheels and tyres? What do people recommend?

Thanks guys and gals.

A simple search gives a thread to read ;)

Thanks for the pointer. You’re right, the search function is great. I’ve done a fair bit of reading on here but am really a bit lost by it all.

I think what I am looking for is more what size rim and what size tyre should I look for that would work as a straight swap.

Thanks for the pointer. You’re right, the search function is great. I’ve done a fair bit of reading on here but am really a bit lost by it all.

I think what I am looking for is more what size rim and what size tyre should I look for that would work as a straight swap.
Sometimes the search function in here is a bit lacking. It's often better to use google to search the forum. There are huge amounts of info and its easy to get lost, but keep at it.

Have you tried this website, you can input current setup and compare to a wanted setup:

Will They fit.

Brilliant. Thanks. Current set up is 255/35/20. Looking at the website I can swap for 235/55/17 with minimal difference. That’s really useful.

I’m not committed to the low swamper so I suppose I could raise the ride height by just adjusting the coilovers to the opposite range.

Here’s me currently. Just for interest really.

98AF4DA8-0A06-4798-A175-A2C940282175.jpeg31DFC456-F92E-474C-9917-1354E957D64C.jpegC9DF2C99-F0B1-4ABF-9FAB-239E50B5CDDD.jpeg

Back