Low wattage appliances!

Ralpher

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all, after scouring Amazon, Ebay and other places for low wattage electrical appliances, I find myself underwhelmed and slightly horrified by some of the product reviews I've read about such things.

It maybe my (once) blonde hair but I can't see a suitable category for these items and I feel that the community would surely benefit from members experiences with appliances, both positive and negative.

Could this be a thing? I bet Dell has loads of stories about all kinds of electrical stuff and I know he's got time on his hands to make this happen (Sorry Dell, couldn't resist!) :)

Hi all, after scouring Amazon, Ebay and other places for low wattage electrical appliances, I find myself underwhelmed and slightly horrified by some of the product reviews I've read about such things.

It maybe my (once) blonde hair but I can't see a suitable category for these items and I feel that the community would surely benefit from members experiences with appliances, both positive and negative.

Could this be a thing? I bet Dell has loads of stories about all kinds of electrical stuff and I know he's got time on his hands to make this happen (Sorry Dell, couldn't resist!) :)
Watt are you looking for (see what I did there?) 12/240V, maximum wattage? Be more specific and you’ll get better results.

Suppliers like Attwools in Gloucestershire and some larger chandlers on the south coast might have appliances you can look at.
I know Attwools do, they have a section.
As above, what are you looking for in particular ?

We have a low watt(240v) small kettle we bought from Amazon, we also have a 500w heater.
This year we will be taking our dual Air Fryer to sites where we have a hook up.

We have a low watt(240v) small kettle we bought from Amazon, we also have a 500w heater.
This year we will be taking our dual Air Fryer to sites where we have a hook up.

The old air fryer, what did we do years ago with out them lol

Low wattage and camping is a bit of a gimmick/sales pitch...... It's a bit of a mine field.

So are we talking 12v gear?

Or

240v gear?

Why? What's it about.

Low wattage 240v gear is normally down to connecting to the campsite EHU point and not tripping out the post or the whole chain (most are limited to say 10A per post, but a chain of posts may only have a 16A breaker, plug in a few kettles at the same time and pop goes the breaker)..... That can be a pain when everyone's blaming your posh toaster and kettle for tripping out the power for the fourth time running. The missus 3kw hairdryer is a prime culprit.

Another thing is running via an inverter of a 12v system.... So low wattage gear needed so you can run it from your inverter. ( Some people have a smaller inverter, or only one leisure battery.... So low wattage gear needed so they don't run the battery flat in 30seconds.

Then there is 12v low wattage gear, which imho is total pants...

Ie 12v kettle, 12v hair dryer, 12v heater etc etc - all total rubbish and a waist on time..... There are always way better solutions.

Last edited:
Watt are you looking for (see what I did there?) 12/240V, maximum wattage? Be more specific and you’ll get better results.
Ahahaha my sides! But seriously, I'm looking for a nice quality kettle, air fryer, induction hob, toaster and anything else that may appease the Mrs whilst having to "slum it" in a "metal tent" (and I quote).

I will be using my power bank/s and obviously I won't be using these at the same time... So, I'd like things in the 800-1000 watt range preferrably.

I'm not interested in electrical hook-ups or hard-wired systems, this is my experiment to see what works and what don't!

Not sure how long I will be able to keep the minature dictator out of Muckdonalds and the like but you can't blame me for tryin! :p

Just put the word 'camping' in front of what you are looking for.
I tried that, Jimmy but there's such a load of toot out there, I hate cheap and nasty (and dear & nasty for that matter!) so I was hoping for some tried and trusted recommendations from fellow campers :)

Ahahaha my sides! But seriously, I'm looking for a nice quality kettle, air fryer, induction hob, toaster and anything else that may appease the Mrs whilst having to "slum it" in a "metal tent" (and I quote).

I will be using my power bank/s and obviously I won't be using these at the same time... So, I'd like things in the 800-1000 watt range preferrably.

I'm not interested in electrical hook-ups or hard-wired systems, this is my experiment to see what works and what don't!

Not sure how long I will be able to keep the minature dictator out of Muckdonalds and the like but you can't blame me for tryin! :p
Purchased a dual voltage TV, also a ROKU Express it works off USB and can connect it to my phone so have Netflix, Disney +, Prime etc etc worth the spend to keep people occupied.

Before you get giddy & buy a load of “stuff”, I’d consider where you’re going to keep it all. We have a 1400W kettle as that will run on a 6A EHU. Do you really need an air fryer & toaster? Don’t forget you’re supposed to be camping.

Purchased a dual voltage TV, also a ROKU Express it works off USB and can connect it to my phone so have Netflix, Disney +, Prime etc etc worth the spend to keep people occupied.
Not allowed mate, the Mrs frowned at me when I suggested a drop-down TV (which I can't have anyway, now we (I) have decided on a pop-top).

Her take on it is, that we are going away to get some respite from phones, TVs and the other tech that can be the bane of our lives, got to say that I can see her point too.

We have decided (for now) to play cards and drinking games, followed by furious love-making sessions (erm, well the games bit is true anyway). :p

I hope your going to sunny places, if not on hook up your 1000watt toaster is going to be flat in no time without a 200watt or more solar array.

Before you get giddy & buy a load of “stuff”, I’d consider where you’re going to keep it all. We have a 1400W kettle as that will run on a 6A EHU. Do you really need an air fryer & toaster? Don’t forget you’re supposed to be camping.
Look, I'm a compulsive buyer of all things nice and shiny, if it wasn't for me, Britain (and China probably) would have sunken into deep recession years ago :slow rofl:

I hope your going to sunny places, if not on hook up your 1000watt toaster is going to be flat in no time without a 200watt or more solar array.
Never fear (I hope) I bought the Ecoflow 220W Bifacial Portable Solar Panel so it should power a torch and cigarette lighter at the very least :p

Not allowed mate, the Mrs frowned at me when I suggested a drop-down TV (which I can't have anyway, now we (I) have decided on a pop-top).

Her take on it is, that we are going away to get some respite from phones, TVs and the other tech that can be the bane of our lives, got to say that I can see her point too.

We have decided (for now) to play cards and drinking games, followed by furious love-making sessions (erm, well the games bit is true anyway). :p
Lol, well if card games, then uno all the way. I’m awesome at drinking games for all of 30 secs and then spank in. Tbh my love making is the same.

Back