Low level unit supplier

Turniphead

Hi

I am about to get my first transporter Kombi and am having an extra row of seats fitted, so I want a removable camper unit with a sink and hob that can replace the second (standard) row of seats when I use it for overnighters. The problem is it has to be low as I am fitting a kombi bed and it is a swb van, so it needs to be less than about 57cm high. Can anyone recommend a supplier, or plans or someone that would custom build the unit please? apologies if the answer is posted elsewhere, I have looked!

thanks in advance!

thanks, sorry I forgot to mention I don't want a slidepods style unit as I want the storage space at the back, and don't want to stand outside to cook, it doesn't need to be a big unit just enough for the odd overnighter

If I understand correctly, you are looking for a removable kitchen unit that will sit at the back of the van, just inside the rear doors / tailgate that is under 57cm high?

I don't know of anything, I was just trying to clarify your requirement.

Last edited:
Hi Chopman, No I was thinking more of something behind the front row of seats, where the second row of seats would be.........although I am having another look at slidepods now following the previous recommendation!

thanks, sorry I forgot to mention I don't want a slidepods style unit as I want the storage space at the back, and don't want to stand outside to cook, it doesn't need to be a big unit just enough for the odd overnighter

I realise that but they may make you a custom unit.

Maybe these will be of interest: clearcutconversions.co.uk/product/croyde-pod/

If it’s just for one season, why spend your money on “furniture board” over regular ply and paint? (Or, does “good enough for now” become a bit permanent, like it does for me?!!)

Back