denz1968

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all

Doh, We lost a trim tool in the skin just behind the C Pillar. :thumbsdown:

Any ways to get this out - its plastic

Thanks

Can you see the tool?
Could you make a "rope" from sound deadening material or something similar? Or wrap it around the end of a hosepipe sticky side out? That stuff is very sticky and might grip enough.

Can you see the tool?
Could you make a "rope" from sound deadening material or something similar? Or wrap it around the end of a hosepipe sticky side out? That stuff is very sticky and might grip enough.
Can't see it

I was thinking something like that. May try with my 10mm deadening as that is stickier apparently

I won’t cause any problems, less hassle to get another for a £
Its not the cost - the mrs is worried it will rattle....

So looking at some videos of diesel tank removal would i be correct in thinking these grommets may go to where the tool is?

Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 20.27.41.png

Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 20.28.25.png

So looking at some videos of diesel tank removal would i be correct in thinking these grommets may go to where the tool is?
The cill is normally a closed box profile so I don’t think you have access to the trim tool.
I’d wait until you drive it, if it makes a noise put something else down the pillar to keep it company, highly unlikely it going to make any noise at all.

Give something like this a go for the money, once you've found it you'll have a better idea of how or if you'll get it out.

The cill is normally a closed box profile so I don’t think you have access to the trim tool.
I’d wait until you drive it, if it makes a noise put something else down the pillar to keep it company, highly unlikely it going to make any noise at all.
Good call - i have a wireless 3 metre flexi endoscope camera so i am going to have a look with it tomorrow evening

Give something like this a go for the money, once you've found it you'll have a better idea of how or if you'll get it out.

Yes i have one so will try tomorrow - thanks :thumbsup:

Good call - i have a wireless 3 metre flexi endoscope camera so i am going to have a look with it tomorrow evening
I pulled a new cable under my kitchen floor by sending my cat down a hole attached to a piece of string and retrieved the cat through a hole on the other side of the room.
Sometimes you have to get creative.

I pulled a new cable under my kitchen floor by sending my cat down a hole attached to a piece of string and retrieved the cat through a hole on the other side of the room.
Sometimes you have to get creative.
I can imagine the next post!

Lost Cat down C pillar.
"It's making a lot of noise, any suggestions?"

Next post:
" Give it a few days and the meowing will stop. The smell might be your biggest worry after a week of two!"

I can imagine the next post!

Lost Cat down C pillar.
"It's making a lot of noise, any suggestions?"

Next post:
" Give it a few days and the meowing will stop. The smell might be your biggest worry after a week of two!"
Wouldn't have a mice problem though :think smile bounce:

Back