Locking the van with dog/campers inside - motion sensor switch

Mick

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi Hive,

When I leave Ed, my dog, in the van I've always locked the van with the fob and then press it a 2nd time to disable the sensor. Always worked a treat. That has stopped working. The switch on the pillar is still ok though.

Any ideas?

AFAIK....

The second key button press ONLY disables the SAFE/DEADLOCKS.

Its shouldn't disable the ultrasonics.

Maybe you just been lucky before?

use the key in the lock, one left turn, will disable the sensors but leave the deadlocks on.

then if you leave windows open a bit on a warm day, no one can lean in and open the door.

AFAIK....

The second key button press ONLY disables the SAFE/DEADLOCKS.

Its shouldn't disable the ultrasonics.

Maybe you just been lucky before?
Lee I've left Ed and slept in the van many time using the double key press. So it did work.

On my way down to Spain I got up for a jimmy and it set off. It has gone off a couple of times since. Never did before.

use the key in the lock, one left turn, will disable the sensors but leave the deadlocks on.

then if you leave windows open a bit on a warm day, no one can lean in and open the door.
Loz it's just as easy to push the pillar button but thanks for the tip. It's just when you settle down for the night the double press is convenient.

Loz it's just as easy to push the pillar button but thanks for the tip. It's just when you settle down for the night the double press is convenient.
The pillar button also turns off the deadlock, so not quite as secure.

Lee I've left Ed and slept in the van many time using the double key press. So it did work.

On my way down to Spain I got up for a jimmy and it set off. It has gone off a couple of times since. Never did before.
i wonder why that is then . . . ?

@Mick - do you have the alarm system and SAFELOCKs installed? (im assuming you do?)

likes like there is various behaviour depending on whether you have the alarm/locks combo fitted from factory.

The Book Of Knowledge - T6 - T6 Owners Manual

1642605952461.png1642605963432.png1642605977821.png1642605988071.png1642606013397.png1642606032285.png1642606041213.png

@Mick - do you have the alarm system and SAFELOCKs installed? (im assuming you do?)

likes like there is various behaviour depending on whether you have the alarm/locks combo fitted from factory.

The Book Of Knowledge - T6 - T6 Owners Manual

View attachment 142377View attachment 142378View attachment 142379View attachment 142380View attachment 142381View attachment 142382View attachment 142383
FFS now I have to RTFM! I'll have a look at page 39. I do have factory fitted Safelocks and alarm.

FFS now I have to RTFM! I'll have a look at page 39. I do have factory fitted Safelocks and alarm.
So RTFM. I was right. 2 keys presses disables safelock. Disabling safe lock deactivates the interior monitoring system.

Locking a vehicle without SAFELOCK
  • Press the
    media
    button in the vehicle key twice in quick succession.

The following applies when SAFELOCK is deactivated:

• The vehicle can be unlocked and opened from the inside using the door release lever.
  • The vehicle can be unlocked from the inside using the central locking button.
  • If SAFELOCK has been activated with the vehicle key: the anti-theft alarm is active.
  • If the SAFELOCK mechanism has been activated using the vehicle key in the driver door lock cylinder: the anti-theft alarm is not active.
  • The interior monitoring system and anti-tow alarm are deactivated.
Back to my original question what has the bugger stopped working? Could be key batteries I suppose.

Thanks to @Loz and his online manual.

The online version is more up to date.
DB5638E8-6DAB-4217-B975-E823D7856BFA.jpeg

Last edited:
I used to use the double press, but found it very timing dependent. Sometimes it would, but many times it was just out and didn't work.

I thought my pillar button was not working, but I figured out it only works with the driver door open, it won't light up from inside.

Hi

I know this has been extensively discussed but still can't work it out any help appreciated - we have a 2019 Kombi behind the driver the pillar has a switch on it - I think this is meant to disable the motion sensors when camping in the van or leaving pets inside but wanting to secure the van overnight.

I cannot for the life of me work out how to make it work anyone able to help ?

We are about to go to France and we will be sleeping on our bed platform overnight and would very much like to be locked in !

Thanks

Hi

I know this has been extensively discussed but still can't work it out any help appreciated - we have a 2019 Kombi behind the driver the pillar has a switch on it - I think this is meant to disable the motion sensors when camping in the van or leaving pets inside but wanting to secure the van overnight.

I cannot for the life of me work out how to make it work anyone able to help ?

We are about to go to France and we will be sleeping on our bed platform overnight and would very much like to be locked in !

Thanks
I believe that if you lock the van using the button on the inside of the drivers door (where the window switches are ) it locks the van without the deadlocks and without setting the motion sensors.

Reactions: mmi
Back