Loc 8 Table Trimming

Base1388

Romany - Plumber
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all

Has anyone got any pictures or trimmed the plastic surround of a Loc8 table in sliding door ??

Many Thanks Romany

We were going to get it done but have changed our minds. I have read of it picking up dirt from the side of the van, and having lived with it for a while don’t think it looks bad at all.

Ours has been carpeted, I can get photos in the morning. It was done as part of the conversion, so I never saw it “raw” so can’t comment which way I prefer it. It makes for a “snug” fit for the table though.

Yup - Mine is trimmed.

I'll get some pics.

BTW - It was trimmed by Absolut5, and I think you're going to them aren't you?

I was going to carpet trim mine, but decided against it. Mainly as the table would be a tight fit, as @Salty Spuds said, and I couldn’t be bothered at the time. Now it’s been in for a few weeks, I don’t notice it.

Then I was going to trim the oval part at the top, just as a gesture, but haven’t done that yet. What I did do is add some small felt pads at the contact points on the door card and where the legs fold, and I get no rattles at all now.

39943FD9-9E54-4A9C-B3B1-D51AC07F8CE2.jpeg E9BF82CB-4F68-4667-9CAC-88DC9F0FF804.jpeg 8E09970F-560A-4A27-A4CC-D1B23984D30E.jpeg
Ours has been carpeted, I can get photos in the morning. It was done as part of the conversion, so I never saw it “raw” so can’t comment which way I prefer it. It makes for a “snug” fit for the table though.
Here you go. You can see that it’s just starting to wear on the top of the lower corners, but that’s after 2 years heavy use. Now the carpet has bedded in, it’s easy to remove/replace the table. No rattles :thumbsup:

@Toad Out of curiosity, have they lined completely behind the table or just left that bare plastic?

I wonder if there is enough space to do this and whether the carpet will neeatly stretch to cover all the indents without pulling away. I'd probably leave a heavy bag of sand or something in the indent while the glue sets to help it keep to the contours.

@Toad Out of curiosity, have they lined completely behind the table or just left that bare plastic?

I wonder if there is enough space to do this and whether the carpet will neeatly stretch to cover all the indents without pulling away. I'd probably leave a heavy bag of sand or something in the indent while the glue sets to help it keep to the contours.
I'll take some pictures when I get home.

Mine’s completely lined

Reopening this old thread as I've an issue with the table - it regularly falls out of its storage space.

My idea was to place a plastic door catch/clasp at the bottom of the red square, and screwed to the frame.
Then I could twist this catch/clasp to store and release the table as needed.

Plastic door catch/clasp like these
20 x PLASTIC DOOR CATCHES - CATCH FOR CAGE FRONT - BLACK - WHITE - RED - GREEN • £5.25

I've already trimmed the carpet lining but that hasn't helped.

Any ideas? Thank you.

Table_on_Sliding_Door.png

I'm surprised with lining it falls out!
I have to force mine in...do you make sure it's pushed down into the lower slots?
If you go down the clip route, be careful of clearance when opening as mine pretty much touches the wheel (OZ Rally Raids with 235/65/17 tyres though)
IMG_9875.jpg

Thanks Bundy88!

Regularly falls out with the lining. Didn't fall out when not lined.
I too have to force mine in and therein is the first problem - you should not have to do so.
Yes, I make sure it's pushed down into the lower slots but it barely goes below the slot.
At most there is 2mm of slot gripping the table and as the door is opened and closed it slowly comes loose.

If I go down the clip route, clearance should be ok as they are at most 5mm thick.
I'm thinking now maybe use some sandpaper behind the slots so as to remove/reduce the hidden carpet lining but keep the look.

I'd try and remove some lining where it slots into so it pushes down further. Mine pushes down to the stop which is a good 5mm+

Thanks Bundy88!

Yeah, must try that. There is no way mine pushes down to the stop / 5mm+

Did you remove some lining from the top slots and the bottom slots, or just from the bottom slots?

If its handy, do you have a picture of what the bottom slots on your van look like?

The loc8 door card isn’t designed to be lined. If you line it, you need to force to table into the lower tabs. I suspect that is the problem in your case. After a while the lining will wear & the table will seat better in the door card. Mine is lined & is a bugger to get in & out, there’s no way would it fall out once properly seated.

Back