Loading Ramp/motorbike Ramp

Looks similar to mine, though I used bit of rectangle section tube to make the mounts..
MountingPlate.jpgIMG20190525161725.jpg

Yep, I saw yours and thought what a good idea. Just thought I`d use what I had kicking around in the workshop, hence the chain hooks.

Tip
If you are loading a bike on your own, then it is much much easier if you use two ramps. One for the bike, whilst you walk up the other.

I bought this off my mate, who for some reason had two of them and used to use it to load his race bike into his motorhome garage.
I now use it to barrow up into my tipper trailer. Its roughly 2m long
View attachment 57292 View attachment 57293

this is what I've been using for years to load my track bike, just be careful it doesn't slip, I found out the hard way and I've now made a simple mod to keep it firm. Best loading with 2 people but easy enough walking the bike up on the clutch

Grip is fine but really doesnt matter as the bike is being pushed up we dont touch the brakes so grip is never an issue.
On unloading, the front brake hasnt caused any slippage, and we've raced every w/e in a season in all weathers ;)
The folding ones I've seen are bent, ie steeper at the bottom like a humpty-back bridge - I dont like that, I like a steady constant load when pushing.

View attachment 57294
Stunning I used to have a urban tiger . Then a zx10

this is what I've been using for years to load my track bike, just be careful it doesn't slip, I found out the hard way and I've now made a simple mod to keep it firm. Best loading with 2 people but easy enough walking the bike up on the clutch
I have 2 identical ramps. Planning on making a way of connecting them together and anchoring on the towbar as well

I have 2 identical ramps. Planning on making a way of connecting them together and anchoring on the towbar as well

I have one of these ramps too, but when loading a heavy bike like my BMW 1250 GsA it can twist if the bike starts to go off the edge. I was thinking of buying another and bolting them together. Let me know how it works out.
My ramp came with a strap to tie it onto the back of the van. Otherwise you can fire it out backward when you open the throttle (often see on YouTube).

This might make loading your GSA easier but only with two ramps.

Install a mount in the van, attach one side to the mount and the other to the bike.
Sit on and use the winch to pull yourself and bike up using the remote handset.

07A3D22C-7F05-45BD-AAEF-CE71A33E0F19.png

I need a longer ramp , i nought a folding one, but the belly pan on my rgv scrapes it as the front wheem goes into the van . Some genius ideas here for securing the bike, I just use 53 rachet straps !

Is your ramp a flat one, my BSA grounds out on my flat ramp however if I use my other ramp that has a curve/arch in it, it clears no problem.

Yes if is flat , if I raise it a few inches at the bottom it is ok , but thats a bit dodgy !

Back