Loading Ramp/motorbike Ramp

Are you planning to drive to various locations and then bike trip around? I'm looking at a trip to Eastern Europe this year, (bored of the usual Spain/ France/ Italy jaunts and they are too busy these days) but not sure I want to drive the 1000 miles to Budapest for example.
Ride there:
729CBB98-917E-4903-AE03-4FF84569D9EF.jpeg 24106607-342C-4A08-8F18-E4ED1E66BAF0.jpeg 5B0F8C8F-3BAD-4D79-9E06-601B1826C7B4.jpeg

Are you planning to drive to various locations and then bike trip around? I'm looking at a trip to Eastern Europe this year, (bored of the usual Spain/ France/ Italy jaunts and they are too busy these days) but not sure I want to drive the 1000 miles to Budapest for example.

Yes.
I don't have enough holiday to do all the trips I want so spending 2 days to gets somewhere by bike and then 2days back just eats up my holiday.
I'm planning a trip to Scotland (I live in south coast) and stay in the van. Each day I'll go out for a ride. Doing the miles to get there in a van is easy but riding 500miles on a motorway is just boring and tiring.
I have been known to take a few bikes and ride a different one on each day, but thats showing off.

I made a plate up that fits into the middle row seat mounts that holds a wheel chock, the 690 fits perfectlyIMG20190526201022.jpg

It's an acebikes steady stand.
I built a bike trailer a few years ago that uses three of them on a flat base, just unbolt off the trailer and bolt into the van if I only need to move 1 bike.
I fitted some short strips of unwin rail in the floor in the back luggage area and use the motoclix restraints to help keep the bike stable around corners and such.

Any of you handy fabricators fancy making one that uses the front lashing points to secure? Cash waiting

Was looking at Bolt it On system but pricy inc import duties.

Not a bad idea suppose. I was looking at a lock and load but on the pass side I want it’s a ton of work. Heat shield off and tank out etc...

Last edited:
I am currently doing a very similar thing, using a 5mm steel plate and mounting the front wheel chock and a 12 Volt winch. Picking up on the seat mounts and using 2 hooks and 2 threaded hooks also. Hope to have it all ready for welding next weekend. Will stick some photos on.

I am currently doing a very similar thing, using a 5mm steel plate and mounting the front wheel chock and a 12 Volt winch. Picking up on the seat mounts and using 2 hooks and 2 threaded hooks also. Hope to have it all ready for welding next weekend. Will stick some photos on.
Great stuff, be good to see the finished job.

Back