Loading Ramp/motorbike Ramp

Discussion in 'General VW T6 Chat' started by Yzfr1, 1 Jan 2020.

1. Skyliner33

Skyliner33 Senior Member VCDS User VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Ride there:
    729CBB98-917E-4903-AE03-4FF84569D9EF.jpeg 24106607-342C-4A08-8F18-E4ED1E66BAF0.jpeg 5B0F8C8F-3BAD-4D79-9E06-601B1826C7B4.jpeg

Ads_Essex and OllieGBR like this.
  2. Littleblackflash

Littleblackflash Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Yes.
    I don't have enough holiday to do all the trips I want so spending 2 days to gets somewhere by bike and then 2days back just eats up my holiday.
    I'm planning a trip to Scotland (I live in south coast) and stay in the van. Each day I'll go out for a ride. Doing the miles to get there in a van is easy but riding 500miles on a motorway is just boring and tiring.
    I have been known to take a few bikes and ride a different one on each day, but thats showing off.

3. Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper Senior Member VCDS User VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    I made a plate up that fits into the middle row seat mounts that holds a wheel chock, the 690 fits perfectly IMG20190526201022.jpg

Ads_Essex likes this.
  4. copa mick

copa mick New Member

Map
    Fly to Australia, buy or hire a bike & do the whole loop, masses of sights to see & the people are very friendly !

5. Littleblackflash

Map
    I really like that idea. Where did you buy the wheel holders from or did you make them?

6. Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper Senior Member VCDS User VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    It's an acebikes steady stand.
    I built a bike trailer a few years ago that uses three of them on a flat base, just unbolt off the trailer and bolt into the van if I only need to move 1 bike.
    I fitted some short strips of unwin rail in the floor in the back luggage area and use the motoclix restraints to help keep the bike stable around corners and such.

7. Littleblackflash

Map
    bike-grab-jpg.jpg

I like this idea found on the Ducati forum

Yzfr1 likes this.
  8. Yzfr1

Yzfr1 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    I've just made something like this but uses the tie down points to stop any movement.
    Nice and easy to remove when seats need reinstalled and looks very strong. Ill find out on Saturday when my ramp turns up and can actually try it:thumbsup:

Littleblackflash likes this.