Lining - Ply And Carpet Questions.

Also make sure you have plenty of new blades the carpet blunts them quickly and something to kneel on. My knees were battered and I was using knee pads. I’d use cushions next time! Another top tip......lighter fuel (the stuff that goes in a zippo) gets the glue off, and in my opinion the smell doesn’t last as long as white spirits.
Thanks, were you not worried about cutting into the paint with the blade when doing the joints?

And also how did you cut holes in the carpet on the metal for the panel clips to go through?

I cut to just on the waste side of the line so removed as much excess as possible, the way I see it if it’s behind the panel it’s unnecessary. I cut against the metal and obviously marked it. I’ve done this before and never had problems with corrosion on the inside of the van. It’s not like drilling a hole through the floor. Others may have different experiences and opinions but to me it’s a scratch that’s covered in glue and carpet. Mine is a utility/work/kid transport van so a few scratches under the carpet are the least of my worries, if it were my pride and joy I may view it differently!

Back