Limp mode in cold weather!

Ricardo T

Now or Never
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Haha...not me! ..... but my '22 plate 204 4m 5500mls.
So did this several times in the last bout of really cold weather in December on frosty mornings , then stopped when it got milder and has just done it again this frosty morning.
Ok on start up then on comes the engine glow lug light after a few hundred yards from home and goes into limp mode.....so pull in and turn engine off and re-start and all good...bit weird.
If it persists ill call VW assist for them to plug it in. Even if the glow plug light is not on at that particular time will when its plugged in will the management system have logged the previous faults?

• Sad
Reactions: Bav
will the management system have logged the previous faults?
Yes.
However, after a certain time/mileage without reoccurence the ECU fault codes will be archived and they won't be visible without special measures. VCDS is capable of extracting even these dormant faults. Typically VW tools don't.
The faults seem to be archived in 300...1000 miles (on T6, not yet enough experience about T6.1 but would expect to be similar)

Update after this happened a couple more times...called VW Assist (specified 'Silver' van please) who came out within 3 hrs. Diagnosis.... Software Update all that is required so carried out. Only happens in the colder weather as the engine is working harder.

IMG_0336.jpeg

IMG_0337.jpegIMG_0338.jpeg

Nice laptop.

I've got a Dell Rugged happy that looks like that.

Back