Glow plug light flashes and other light suggesting fault in exhaust system according to Owner's manual

I have this same problem, I’ve had a new actuator, vacuum checked and in the end a complete new intake manifold, but still getting the fault code P2006 - Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Closed Bank1? Local independent garage really struggling to find the fault? Not sure if it’s related but I’m also losing coolant internally, from looking at the forum I’m thinking this will be the EGR cooler, any chance these issues could be linked?

Did you replace the intercooler yourself? Looks like a tricky job to get to it? I suppose the errors might be related to quality/quantity of air intake.
Sorry I’ve not replied to this. No I didn’t but it’s a simple job once you have taken the bumper off.

I have the glow plug light flashing and the other symbol which I think is the exhaust system indicator according to the manual. See below image. The glow plug flashing light turns on after approximately 1 minute. Van starts no problem and runs OK seemingly. Any advice or pointers. Van was serviced by a VW indie 14/09/22 who didn't change the air filter as he said I had only done a low mileage

I used Carista OBCD and get these errors.....
Error P2006 Intake Runner Control Stuck Closed Bank 1
and
Error 16399 Carista tells me to click for info on that one.

I don't have a VCDS

I also get an intermittent Start/Stop Error flashing up
I definitely hear a slight change in the engine tone at the point the glow plug light starts flashing

Seems still to run OK (i.e not going into limp mode).

Any help appreciated
P.s. is it safe to run it without causing engine damage?

View attachment 180163
Hi Jim,

Did you solve this issue? I had the same warnings in my t6 2017 204 hp last week.

My turn.. happened about 3 weeks ago.. just came back on now. Any thoughts? Currently 300 miles from home and in limp mode.

hello. sorry for late reply. Replacing the air filter, in my case sorted the issue
Hi, I’ve just had a full service with all filters replaced, I had read somewhere before that a filter changed worked for someone else , but unfortunately I’ve still got the fault.

My turn.. happened about 3 weeks ago.. just came back on now. Any thoughts? Currently 300 miles from home and in limp mode.
As soon as I turn the engine off the fault goes and it’s ok, the only thing that happens is a get a stop / start error, but if I stop and start again with a few extra miles that corrects itself.

Hi, I’ve just had a full service with all filters replaced, I had read somewhere before that a filter changed worked for someone else , but unfortunately I’ve still got the fault.
That's was me. When I took the air filter cover off. Blew it out and then replaced it cleared the fault. I subsequently replaced the air filter. Try unplugging/refitting the sensor on the air filter housing. Maybe a bad connector or dirty pin on plug. Mine has been OK ever since

Last edited:
Having inlet manifold replaced now. Clogged up with black soot mess beyond cleaning/repair. I hope they also checked my little vacuum solinoid thing as well. Hopefully fixed in 1 visit!

Having inlet manifold replaced now. Clogged up with black soot mess beyond cleaning/repair. I hope they also checked my little vacuum solinoid thing as well. Hopefully fixed in 1 visit!

Old manifold.. sooted up solid! Van drives lovely and smooth with my power back now.

IMG_3007.jpeg

Back