Lifting my Stance+ coilovers

Carl1974

T5.1
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi I’m after some help, I have just recently had my conversion done and now the back end seems to Wollow. The kit I have on it is the stance + street, I need the back lifting but don’t know how hard it is to do and if I can do it on my driveway, or if there is any one local to Liverpool that can help me.

Hi I’m after some help, I have just recently had my conversion done and now the back end seems to Wollow. The kit I have on it is the stance + street, I need the back lifting but don’t know how hard it is to do and if I can do it on my driveway, or if there is any one local to Liverpool that can help me.
Can you post a picture? It may be easier to lower the front than raise the rear

It's very, very difficult to get to the rear adjusters with them still on the van. I have B14s and the principle for adjusting them is the same as yours. To be able to adjust mine I got the van up on axle stands, released the bolt from the bottom of the shock on both sides of the van and then dropped the springs out. That makes the adjusters easy to get to and you can wind them down a bit to increase your ride height. Then reassemble in reverse. On my B14s the rear spring is still under some compression when the shocks are fully extended, so in order to stop the spring thumping the rear arms into me when I undid the lower shock bolts, I supported the rear arms on my trolley jack. After removing the bolt I slowly lower the jack so that I had control of the process until I had enough room to remove the spring.

Thanks Chris, I will have to get them sent in, bit more than what I can do myself on the drive with very limited garage equipment.

Can I ask if it’s still safe to use, just worried as the suspension was set at its lowest and with the full width rib bed added.

I would be concerned that the springs arent strong enough for the weight you have in the van now , pre tensioning the rear spring to lift the ride height can cause the rear spring to go coil bound on bumps and then the rear spring takes too much stress and can fail!! It seems to be the main complaint on B 14 kits and they suffer rear spring breakages because of this .

I am, a little unsure what we can do , because you run a coil over kit and run the van low . ill need to think about this a bit , sorry

Cheers Crs, what would you suggest for the rears please.
I had a problem with the rear springs on my Stance+ Ultra kit being almost fully compressed, resulting in a stiff ride that would sometimes seesaw over bumpy roads. I got on to Venom Motorsport and they sent some taller springs out. I had them fitted and the ride is better.

Have you got a photo of the van and the rear spring in situ?

Whilst I had my van booked in at Dubbed campers for some new side bars to be fitted, I asked Luke if he could check the rear suspension as they fit Stance +.
On closer inspection the thin rubber had completely perished and the bolt that goes through the bottom of the damper was the wrong way around.
The rear was lifted by 35mm, comprising of a 20 mm rubber spacer which I believe is the oem one and 15 mm on the adjuster. Massive difference and drives lovely again.

OK cool . well done , the bolt being the wrong way round wont make any difference but the rubber can

Hi
I’ve just had fitted Stance coilovers and I was just wondering what’s the best set up for the ride height? And it sits on 18ins alloys.

Back