Legality Of Bump Bars (roo Bars)

CX16

T6 Pro
Hi
Anybody know the actual legal position regarding fitting Roo Bars to the front of your vehicle. I thought they got banned to protect pedestrians, but I have seen them creeping back onto some off-roadies. So where do we stand, can anyone give the difinitive answer ?
Ian

Hi
Anybody know the actual legal position regarding fitting Roo Bars to the front of your vehicle. I thought they got banned to protect pedestrians, but I have seen them creeping back onto some off-roadies. So where do we stand, can anyone give the difinitive answer ?
Ian
Aftermarket bullbars have been illegal in the UK for a while, but I'm guessing from your terminology you're in Aus so I imagine it may be a bit different over there?

Hi Andy
Thanks for that, I thought they were illegal but have seen an increasing number of these squareish shaped bars appearing on the front of VWs, even on vehicles on the front cover of a magazine. So has someone worked out a way to get round the ban, as I have a vague memory of reading that as long as they were CE or kite marked they were allowed ? You are correct I am in Aus and ever 3rd vehicle is fitted with them, but they do have things that leap out of the bush and can devastate your car ! Probably not the same in Dorset. . .

Hi Andy
Thanks for that, I thought they were illegal but have seen an increasing number of these squareish shaped bars appearing on the front of VWs, even on vehicles on the front cover of a magazine. So has someone worked out a way to get round the ban, as I have a vague memory of reading that as long as they were CE or kite marked they were allowed ? You are correct I am in Aus and ever 3rd vehicle is fitted with them, but they do have things that leap out of the bush and can devastate your car ! Probably not the same in Dorset. . .
I know what you mean, I saw the aftermath of a Ute hitting one head on when I was there a few yrs ago, no bars would have stopped that! Sadly the girl in the passenger seat didn't have her seatbelt on and died :(

Built and fitted a brush bar to a different van a few years back, I never even thought about the legalities of it all

Only on holiday in Aus but thought I would do a bit of research before returning to UK in November. We are planning to take our T6 to Mongolia next year so I was thinking of ways to beef up the front end and there seems to be mixed ideas about what you can or can’t fit. Any info welcome.

Back