LED interior lights

mitchv60

Hi Guys
This is going to sound a bit of a non problem but I’d like to know.
I purchased my 19 plate Sportline from new last year and it was bog standard with no mods.
It went in for its first service yesterday and I had a few little warranty issues that needed looking at.
One was one of the interior front bulbs had blown so that was on the list but they said it wasn’t a factory item because it was an LED bulb.All of the interior bulbs are LED’s to my knowledge but the dealer is adamant there not OEM.They replaced it with a normal bulb which now is yellow as apposed To white like all the others.
Doesnt anyone know if the Sportline is speced with a different bulb?
Im not convinced that the dealer knows his stuff because he didn’t even know you could have a bigger fuel tank fitted on the van from new which is what I did.

I had the led pack from new.

Led bulbs in all light fittings.

One way to tell is that the older non led fitting in the back has a 3way rocker switch.

And the light out was about 60mins.

Normal bulb timeout is 15mins

This is oem led resr.

No switch, and only 2 wires instead of 3 .

Screenshot_20200808-094745_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for the reply.No I’ve got the rocker switches in the back so they must have just done half an upgrade then.

yeh, most likley just done a bulb swap . . .

other way to tell is the time out.

if the rear lights switch off after 15min . . . when side door left open . . .

its an indication that the BCM is programmed for filament bulbs.

my T5.1 standard was 15mins.

the T6 sportline (LED interior pack) has a 60min timer.

Mine is only a work van,but I fitted 2 sets of these in the rear of mine,just tapped onto the existing ones,work a treat and very bright.

Not sure about the 6.1 kombi. I'm gonna get some I think. One in the rear work area of the kombi and one into the tailgate.
Having OEM fittings just seems a bit nicer than led lamp upgrades.

Back