LED Headlight shadow / dark line?

Ltrain

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello all,

For those of you with LED headlights - has anyone noticed a thin shadowline when on full beam?

I can see a thin line between where the dipped and full beam lights join that effectively casts a very thin shadow ( or i suppose doesnt actually illuminate that bit to be accurate!). I'll try and bing a photo up when next out and about.

I asked at last service and was told it was normal and they're all like that but I can't help but feel they perhaps are not!

Cheers!

Hello im new on forum, and i couldnt fint topic for my problem.
I have t6 Multivan 2019 110kw
If anyone have the same problem it would be wery helpful to know is this is normal or not.

When i got main beam engaged for driving in the dark i have dark line betwen main beam and dipped beam. Its on the left side on the road (driverside on left) and is anoying.
But otherwise those lights are great just this line is bothering me... Is any possible option to set the left headlight to lift it up a little ore something?..

Thank you !

It is hard to make a good photo but in reality is very clear to see dark line between main beam and dipped. The main beam i think that it should be to set a little lower. If is possible...

20190818_143541.jpg

oh, ok.

what light have you got upfront? . . . Auto level LED or Other?

a pic will do.

oh, ok.

what light have you got upfront? . . . Auto level LED or Other?

a pic will do.
Auto level Led as you say...
I have auto beam option too..
Lights are very bright and all good yust this line is very strange...
What do you think is that normal?

Cant say I've noticed anything myself.

Let's see what others have to say compared to your pic above.

I’ve never noticed a line. I will pay attention next time I’m out on the dark.

I have a line where the low beam and high beam overlap, but it’s a brighter area - not darker - and doesn’t have a gap like yours above.

Does look like the left low beam is too low.

Tried toggling the travel mode to see if it corrects?

I have a line where the low beam and high beam overlap, but it’s a brighter area - not darker - and doesn’t have a gap like yours above.

Does look like the left low beam is too low.

Tried toggling the travel mode to see if it corrects?

can you post the photo if you maybe have it of your car lights?
The travel mode is off. I tried to turn it on but is worse than before.
So ...i gues there is no other way but go to vw service.

This is weird...

@mtrsci it's difficult to show clearly, but ours has no dark areas - only brighter areas where the two beams overlap:

Low beam:
Photo 24-08-2019, 20 54 52.jpg

High bream:
Photo 24-08-2019, 20 54 54.jpg

Thx for photo. Yesterday i was on VW service. They told me that this is normal. I cant belive it... i said that they need to set the high of left low beam higher or high beam lower by computer. But they have vw program wich not have the option to set that.
We were talking that maybe it would be this option on VCDS program.
Im not the professional but im very sad that we have vw people like this here... i just need to find the solution by my self (and you guys tnx)

Yeah ours definitely doesn’t have that.

(Nice timber you’ve got there though! :D)

I need to find someone with vcds and try it... if it is possible.
Do you knowif can i ask the vw about this?
Our original vw dealer is like i said useless.

(Yea... we have carpentry at home so... it need to be wood everywere haha)

Just adjust it yourself or take it to an MOT test centre and ask them to do it

Back