LED headlight bulb legalities

Im one who who doesn't have LED and relay on candle light in our 3 cars at home. Neither have LED fitted and neither does my work van. Yeah the T6 could be improved but I don't notice a massive difference compared my other older cars. I've driven and been in cars with LED headlights and love to have them but i won't get them due to cost and the fact is, do I really need them?? I don't miss what I've never had. I'm sorry but I can't justify spending £1k on headlights when I live in the city and don't use it much at night. Loads of things I can get on my transporter for that money!!!!!!

Should add I'm a spark and used to the dark and I also eat plenty of carrots.:D:D

I understand the caravelle H7 headlights were the way to go but they are like hens teeth and not significantly better as they still use the same reflector method.
Still reflectors, yes, but one whole reflector dedicated and shaped to low beam and a separate reflector dedicated and shaped for high beam. They are considerably better in real life than the H4’s where low and high beam need to share a reflector, which compromises both functions.

Also, when H7 headlights, or the aftermarket LED DRL ‘twin’ headlights are installed, the dipped beams are normally coded to stay on when main beams are on.

Back