Lazer Lamp supply and fit.

Dannyb6467

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Folks,
I'm looking for a company to supply and fit some Triple R 750s and grill kit. T6.1 with LEDs so will need the Lazcan harness.
Trouble is...I cant find anyone to do it. Nicky Grist supply only, VW T5 Upgrades said they can do it but haven't answered the phone since Wednesday morning...loads of converters and auto electricians have no idea what I'm talking about when I explain there's a bit more to it when I have LEDs...apararently 2 of them think its OK to splice into the main beam and that should be OK???
The Lazer website is totally inaccurate at pointing to fitters and stockists.

Anyone suggest a way forward please?

Cheers.

They'd have fun splicing into the main beam :cry: Pretty straight forward with the Lazer-CAN interface, even easier with the contactless reader. Can't you get it straight from the Lazerlamps website. I might know of someone who could fit it for you ;)

They'd have fun splicing into the main beam :cry: Pretty straight forward with the Lazer-CAN interface, even easier with the contactless reader. Can't you get it straight from the Lazerlamps website. I might know of someone who could fit it for you ;)
I know...I could imagine "splicing"...
Deaky, you should know I'm capable of wiring a plug backwards pal!!
I'm capable of ordering the lamps and brackets but that's it. Any links to the other items greatly received...then someone to cut and fit.

Britpart sell the CAN interfaces. My mate just out of Craven Arms up The Dale, has an account there and is a dab hand with auto electrics.

Just had a thought. Is your carpenter still with you? What does he have to say on the matter?

Just had a thought. Is your carpenter still with you? What does he have to say on the matter?
Lol...over 3 years later and he's still bloody here. Another 2yrs left and we should see the wood for the tree's.
I'm not telling him as he gets very jealous and vindictive about little things like lights. I'm going to get them on then blind the b*****d on the lanes by my house...lol.
Acknowledged about Britpart and your mate...just called them but will need to go through an account holder

Folks,
I'm looking for a company to supply and fit some Triple R 750s and grill kit. T6.1 with LEDs so will need the Lazcan harness.
Trouble is...I cant find anyone to do it. Nicky Grist supply only, VW T5 Upgrades said they can do it but haven't answered the phone since Wednesday morning...loads of converters and auto electricians have no idea what I'm talking about when I explain there's a bit more to it when I have LEDs...apararently 2 of them think its OK to splice into the main beam and that should be OK???
The Lazer website is totally inaccurate at pointing to fitters and stockists.

Anyone suggest a way forward please?

Cheers.
Im looking for someone to fit a pair of Triple-R 750 to my T6.1 van. Any help or advice please? My vans not LED by the way??

The instructions are pretty detailed and easy to follow. Wiring is pretty much plug and play. The pre-wired relay has ring connectors on the +ve feed from the battery and on the earth wire. You just need to tap the trigger wire into the main beam feed at the headlight plug.

The kit comes with guides that clip onto the grille to run your saw against when cutting the slats out. The mounting brackets cover the cuts, so it's all pretty neat.

I remember there used to be a carpenter chap on here. Funny fella. What was his name? Was it Fizz or something like that?

Merry Christmas to everyone.
Hope you all have a fabulous holiday and wish all a great 2022.
One will be back in new year with exciting new mods that have been in development for you good ppl.

Fish!…that was it. If anyone sees him ask him where these mods are that he mentioned. It’s nearly April ;)

He will probably blame you @Dannyb6467 for keeping him too busy.

On a serious note: @Dannyb6467 thank you for helping drop my fridge off in Telford. :thumbsup:

Lol....that's it now, his name is Fizz!! @Fish
He's still here, about another 2 years should do it...
No problem with the fridges...daughter dropped them off actually...she was passing. Anytime pal, if I can help I will.

I’m also looking at doing this. Does anyone have advice (or better yet, pictures!) on how they’ve spliced the trigger wire into the main beam? I reckon I could cut it and add in spade connectors but that seems like a sketchy way to leave my main beam connected. I’ve got old school headlights not LEDs so not using a CAN interface.

I just stripped back a bit of the insulation, made a solder connection and insulated it with heat shrink. Seeing as it's only a trigger wire, twist and insulation tape would probably be good enough, or even dare I say, a skotchlok. I wired up enough spotlights with them in the 80's using them and nothing went on fire.

Back