Large object embedded in my...

ahappychappie

T6 Guru
Tyre - of course....

I have no idea what it is, but assume from its very size being able to repair the tyre will be highly unlikely?

I could hear a noise re something stuck in the tyre, literally just about to join the Motorway and something made me double check - glad I wasn't at speed with that embedded. Obviously don't know how deep it is in they tyre and if I take it out think I will have flat very shortly afterwards, although half expecting to wake up to a flat in the morning.

20220717_210144.jpg

20220717_210134.jpg

Sorry, I don't know about the repair, but it looks very much like a setting out nail that is used by surveyors and engineers.

Good luck with the repair...

1658093246696.png

1658093307620.png1658093328177.png

not much meat left on that tyre . . .

you could try a string and repair yourself. ( or local tyre shop £5 or £10 if they are cheeky )

or a local tyre shop may be able to take tyre off and glue in a patch and rebalance for £10 or £20 again - if cheeky.

Sorry, I don't know about the repair, but it looks very much like a setting out nail that is used by surveyors and engineers.

Good luck with the repair...
Yes really not sure exactly what it is - will post pictures one removed!

not much meat left on that tyre . . .

you could try a string and repair yourself. ( or local tyre shop £5 or £10 if they are cheeky )

or a local tyre shop may be able to take tyre off and glue in a patch and rebalance for £10 or £20 again - if cheeky.
There's reasonable life in it yet, has only been done about 6k but I do find Kumho's wear quick - I'm a Camper so always carrying fair amount of weight of course.

Thanks for kit suggestion, will take a look, though for esse might see if local garage can do repair

Just looks like a bolt with a captive washer - probably why it got stuck in the tyre as the washer made it sit pointy end upwards.

I wouldn’t repair with the DIY plug kit, they were designed for emergencies/off road and required reduced speed until you could get it professionally repaired with a proper internal bond patch

we carry a kit for our travels as we only carry one spare, but I’ve only used them as a last resort

not worth getting a blow out doing 100km/h for a tenner

Back