KPH / MPH on Digital Display

Sue Pearson

Has anyone successfully changed the digital display to MPH on a T6? The instructions are in the handbook but it does not work. VW are s saying in has to be in KPH for legal / European requirements and there are no options to change it. It makes no sense to me if your main country for driving is the UK why the digital display is in KPH and we have to rely on the dial reading. Seems like VW just don't want to do it for some reason (probably cost). Any advice?

Hi Sue and welcome.

You can have a large Digital MPH display by reprogramming the display to Australia.

But this needs doing with software and equipment.

Where are you located? you might have a local VCDS user near you able to do this for you.

I'm also in the UK, happy to do it for you... :) but you might have someone closer to you....

Hi Sue my Carista free monthly subscription has just run out or I could have done it for you, Doesn't help much really :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a current carista subscription.. but more location detail is needed..

Hi Sue and welcome.

You can have a large Digital MPH display by reprogramming the display to Australia.

But this needs doing with software and equipment.

Where are you located? you might have a local VCDS user near you able to do this for you.

Hi Loz, does changing to Australia change any other units? Having only purchased my van on Saturday I'm a bit of a newbie!

It changes the distance and volume units to Metric, but this is changed back to imperial in the Settings section of the DIS.

Back