New Member First T6, Couple Of Questions

SlickV8

VIP Member
Hi all. So just picked up my first T6 & thought best say hello. Starlight T32 Kombi. ABT front, Lthr & suede lined, 20’s & 40mm lowering springs.
Couple of questions that might sound daft but;
I’ve seen loads of conversation & pimping co’s offering I think they’re windscreen/front dash seals. They’re only cheap but everyone seems to offer them and I just wonder why? Is there an upcoming issue I don’t know about with factory seals?
On the MFD the current speed is in kmh and I can’t for the life of me work out how to display it in mph? Units/measurement all seem set correctly & language is UK
Anyone know if the doors can be set to auto lock when driving away? How?
Cab heater seems to chuck out a ton of heat at +/- 20deg (11am turn on dial) but just one click cooler seems to make it noticeably colder...is this normal? Seems hard to find single comfortable setting...Note: I’ve come from 30 years in cars so maybe it’s just trying to heat a huge space?
Thanks and apologies if they’re daft questions!

Dash seal is for the gap between dashboard and windscreen stops you losing things into the abyss
Changing the speedo and auto locking will need programming with VCDS or Carista
For the heating you need to turn the dial away from windscreen and it will work normally

My dealer told me the T6.1 will have drive away locking as the current T6 has it. Is this not the case?

Auto locking isn't/wasn't standard fit on T6 (ours doesn't have it) - it depends on trim level I believe.

As Pauly says, it can be programmed.

Pete

Thanks for the replies. Just had a spin around the M60 (determined to run in the first 1000 miles in anything but stop start traffic...600 to go )
I see what you mean about the windscreen directional dial for the heater, just about found the right balance now.
I’ll speak to vw about programming the auto lock tmrw
Thanks again.

Buy yourself a carista and you will be able to do lots of other little mods yourself.

At £40 odd K, I’m running it in
I shd qualify this before anyone thinks I’m being a 50mph mobile road block
I’ve had a few new diesel cars over the years and always found if I get the first 1000 miles done roaming between 65-80mph on a motorway cruise they always run fast, frugal, smoke free & reliably for as long as I owned them. I can’t think of one that’s had anything other than routine servicing. No science to it, it’s just been my own experience

Looks interesting! If I get one, do the customisations I choose remain once I stop paying the subscription?

id be surprised if they didn’t. Your setting a code/feature, the system can’t monitor for subscription and auto connect to reverse it

Looks interesting! If I get one, do the customisations I choose remain once I stop paying the subscription?
Yes they do. You used to get a free week or month, can’t remember. Nor sure if you still do

Back