Kombi window replacement

canaryben

I recently bought a van with a damaged window on the passenger side... the window itself is fine, glass and seals all good.

The plastic is broken on this part below which means the window doesnt open/close correctly and there is movement front to back which creates a horrible rattle.

I went back to VW and they cant just replace the plastic frame, they say they would need to re-fit a whole new window...quoted me £938!

surely this isn't the only option? any thoughts?

cheers

1693844172213.png

Have a Search as there is plenty of info’ on the Forum on sliding windows
There are aftermarket replacement windows but you’d have to replace both if you want a match.

Have a Search as there is plenty of info’ on the Forum on sliding windows
There are aftermarket replacement windows but you’d have to replace both if you want a match.
yeah but most of the posts are about leaky ones, so this is a little different. id rather avoid replacing both windows

Is broken part on the moving/sliding window? Is it a T6?
The sliding section can be removed, so if you can find a second hand unit you could swap the slider over, several people have replaced thier OEM windows as they leak so might able to find a bargain?

If you never actually open it you get it swapped out for a fixed glass. To pay someone to do it would probably be in 200-300 pounds

Is broken part on the moving/sliding window? Is it a T6?
The sliding section can be removed, so if you can find a second hand unit you could swap the slider over, several people have replaced thier OEM windows as they leak so might able to find a bargain?
yes its just the sliding section shown here in yellow...i thought that should be replaceable rather than the entire window. Hopefully I can find one to swap over.

1693857202409.png

Back