Kombi Van Plywood Sliding Bed Kit

I’ve had one for a couple of years now, the plain one which I painted and added some t trim. For the money I think they are great. They are a little to high to sit on as a bench but we tend to sit on the kombi seats and the passenger seat turned round

6D8B7B76-372B-4C03-9DE3-1EA5A2FF5BA5.jpeg21D33570-7109-437C-8B87-02772BB06E1C.png5CAFA7B1-CC15-4995-9AC4-7D441C96CA70.jpegEC350299-7136-4594-AEE0-61945EB8608E.jpeg

I’ve had one for a couple of years now, the plain one which I painted and added some t trim. For the money I think they are great. They are a little to high to sit on as a bench but we tend to sit on the kombi seats and the passenger seat turned round

View attachment 197184View attachment 197185View attachment 197186View attachment 197187
Brilliant thank you, this looks great.
I think it is the best set up for what we want leaving a side ‘walk way’ when set up as a bed.
Couple of questions
-Does it move when you are driving around?
-Did you make the foam cushions or buy from van furniture?
-Do you have a picture or video of the bench lids open by chance?

Thanks for posting
James

-Does it move when you are driving around? No, the rubber kombi mat and its weight stops it moving, I have bolted the two units together and I have fixed it at the back to one of the tie down rings. I guess the big question is what happens in a massive crash, I think the units being bolted together and then to the tie down ring will stop it moving and even if it did move I can't see it getting past the rear seats into the passenger/driver area so i'm happy its safe.

-Did you make the foam cushions or buy from van furniture? I got the covers from foam superstore, they do a made to measure service, and the foam from GB Foam Direct

-Do you have a picture or video of the bench lids open by chance? No but i'll nip out and take some and post them shortly

Back