Kombi step light upgrade

Stampie66

T6 Pro
High all , looking to replace the side door step light with new oem carvelle style larger light fitting.
I intend to have a total of four fittings, two in the side door steep and one on each front step.
I don't want them in leds but keep the original bulbs supplied.
Due to the total of 16 small bulbs 4 per light would I have to power these via a relay ? Thinking a fault code would appear if just connected to the exciting step light. Thoughts welcome.

Would nip out and take a pic, but just got out of the bath and it's raining.

Are they a straight fit in @carlg ?
These are the front steps ,and are straight fit ,just need to find a feed to power the Light's .
I bought a set of 4 footwell lights and wiring ,so I will use the loom for two front steps and two foot will light's .
My van has got the cut out holes for foot well lights all ready there .

You got lots of mods going on already @carlg :thumbsup:. I have not done any yet , i have only done 800 miles so far.

I want to get the interior done in the new year but the only placer that seem to do what i need is Exploria up your way but its a mayor mission for me to get it there :unsure:

You got lots of mods going on already @carlg :thumbsup:. I have not done any yet , i have only done 800 miles so far.

I want to get the interior done in the new year but the only placer that seem to do what i need is Exploria up your way but its a mayor mission for me to get it there :unsure:
I have got all my carpet and sound proofing and ply panels ,just need some spare time .
I am now on 1200 miles .
Less than half a mile from exploria there is a train station in Brighouse .
You could get train home .

I have got all my carpet and sound proofing and ply panels ,just need some spare time .
I am now on 1200 miles .
Less than half a mile from exploria there is a train station in Brighouse .
You could get train home .

Wish i had the time to do it myself but thats not going to happen. I think your right if i do go there its the train home.

How you getting on with it , you like it ?

Tried to order footwell lights last week and the order got pulled, no idea why just got a message parts were unavailable
I used @Caravellet6 reg number

If you are changing the light in sliding door step inserts from the short ones to the long type with the various options of lettering above you will need an adapter loom as the connections are not compatible.

I've just ordered (and received) a 'Tall' stainless steel insert sliding door step to clear my pending raised & insulated floor (Reimo Variotech seat rails being fitted).

The part numbers and prices for these were...

7E5 863 725 DL - £124.10 - Caravelle step insert with stainless steel tread insert.
7E5 947 415 L - £25.29 - Step insert light with lettering 'HIGHLINE'.
7E0 971 067 D - £14.35 - Adapter harness for step light.

I received some discount on these prices.

There are a number of different letterings available on these light, ask your van centre for the options or have a look here...

https://ifinterface.com/prog/car/prog2/inprog.php - navigate your way to TR (year) Group 9 Page 947-04

The rear step inserts are not handed by the way, left & right are identical.

Disclaimer - Always check part numbers before ordering!

Rod

Back