Kombi Passenger Mods

baddevotions

T6 Pro
Hi all

I am looking for ideas and inspiration for any passenger mods in a Kombi. Things like tray tables, cup holders, storage bins etc for people sat in the back.

At the moment there is no where for my kids to put drinks, snacks, iPads etc

Thanks!

I grabbed some curtains and cushions for when they fall asleep - next on the list are two tables on sliding rails with foldable leg. I will probably buy one to begin with so I can measure whether I will be able to get the rail on the sliding door when it opens without fowling the rear qtr

Should be able to get a table with a drink holder too, they can then be removed if not used

Hi all

I am looking for ideas and inspiration for any passenger mods in a Kombi. Things like tray tables, cup holders, storage bins etc for people sat in the back.

At the moment there is no where for my kids to put drinks, snacks, iPads etc

Thanks!
There is an OEM shelf that you can get that attaches to the head rest posts on the front seats. You can remove it and leave the seat post connection in place plus it folds outs and can be folded flat. Super handy and has a cup holder. :thumbsup:

Don’t suppose you have a link for that @Texxaco ? We have a touran too which has fold down tables behind the front seats which work well. Would be ideal to get something similar

I grabbed some curtains and cushions for when they fall asleep - next on the list are two tables on sliding rails with foldable leg. I will probably buy one to begin with so I can measure whether I will be able to get the rail on the sliding door when it opens without fowling the rear qtr

Should be able to get a table with a drink holder too, they can then be removed if not used
I’d like to see a picture of that once you’ve done it

Reactions: JPL
We’ve had seat back storage caddy’s since our two were small. Now 15/17 and still use them. I originally got them to stop muddy shoe marks on the backs of the seats!!

Depending on how many seats are used in the back, I’ve seen people make storage bins with cup holders that sit on the middle seat.

Nothing ground breaking or particularly original.
Left over 3mm ply' and stretch carpet made into plates which tuck into the seat base with elastic around the headrest. Phone holders at the top, cheapo Amazon fold out drink holders underneath. B pillar USB sockets and illuminated push button switches for halo roof reading lights.
Unintended footrests made the same way...20230812_192729.jpg20230812_192744.jpg

Last edited:
oof that cost a fair few quid!

This looks super cool and one thing i plan to do when i get any spare time!

Yeah they are not cheap, typical VW OEM.

I like the idea of this hidden drink holder, trying to think where they could fit now.

I have a similar set up (like most of the rail mounted tables) but the table is wider and longer. I can only use it with the front seats facing backwards, like a picnic bench, but I'd rather not have anything there while driving anyway.

Reactions: JPL
I have a similar set up (like most of the rail mounted tables) but the table is wider and longer. I can only use it with the front seats facing backwards, like a picnic bench, but I'd rather not have anything there while driving anyway.
Mine looks like it takes up a lot of space but really doesn’t and pops off easily / I will probably knock up a storage unit on the tail gate to keep them stored away - kids like it for the ocassional drive thru

oof that cost a fair few quid!

This looks super cool and one thing i plan to do when i get any spare time!

Just trying to figure out where I recognised these from and then I remembered it was from my dad's Saab 9-3 Aero back in the day - which if I remember rightly had some affiliations with Renault (might be way off on that...) but anyway those were the days!

Back