Kombi Advice

I have a double slider.It's been a godsend for me, dropping the grandkids of ect,gives you more options like

:thumbsup: one main reason for moving away from caddy, need additional seats to carry multiple grandkids, when there behaved that is :)

I have twin sliders and agree with all the comments above. Very handy and if you have no intention of converting to a full camper then I think its the best option. Colour wise, The best colour is Blackberry. :laugh:

Oryx pearl white is the metallic option tommy.looks amazing in sunlight

Leaning towards this van but wasn't sure about the 2 doors but seems it would tick boxes for me even if adding a bed or table at later date and sounds like another tick for the white paint finish

I have twin sliders and agree with all the comments above. Very handy and if you have no intention of converting to a full camper then I think its the best option. Colour wise, The best colour is Blackberry. :laugh:

Good comments so far for twin doors, my caddy is starlight blue which is rather nice too

Yer don't have to use both doors Tommy but a nice option to have..the oryx white is very nice,in my bias opinion lol,not a cheap option,so if it's getting thrown in with the deal,you've had a steal I'd say

Yer don't have to use both doors Tommy but a nice option to have..the oryx white is very nice,in my bias opinion lol,not a cheap option,so if it's getting thrown in with the deal,you've had a steal I'd say

Yes included in deal as is sat nav and led's which I was looking to sacrifice on other dealer (ie no nav, but media radio with app connect = led lights) only other thing missing is power fold mirrors and the front swivel seats but guess swivels could be added at later date and this vehicle is also pre registered but guess that shouldn't be a big deal either

Retro fit is about a grand..if you can live without them tho, you've definitely scored with the paint, doors n leds..is it on an 18?

Retro fit is about a grand..if you can live without them tho, you've definitely scored with the paint, doors n leds..is it on an 18?

Yes on 18 plate, it’s Highline so will it have folding mirrors as standard. Also has comfort dash as well

Again.. you've scored with the comfort dash.. mirrors are factory option to best of my knowledge.

Again.. you've scored with the comfort dash.. mirrors are factory option to best of my knowledge.

Will be speaking to guy over weekend so will update as just assuming no power mirrors as he didn’t mention them during email conversations and thanks for all input forum members

Dava lar: the vehicle in question has power fold mirrors as well and bonus, has heated front seats and front/rear sensors and camera. Not quite the spec wanted (no swivel seats/tow bar ready and pre registered) but similar money - so just paid deposit and hopefully pick up next Saturday

Thanks to all for the advice along the way, glad the chase is finally over as was getting a bit tedious toing and froing inside the head :D

Dava lar: the vehicle in question has power fold mirrors as well and bonus, has heated front seats and front/rear sensors and camera. Not quite the spec wanted (no swivel seats/tow bar ready and pre registered) but similar money - so just paid deposit and hopefully pick up next Saturday

Thanks to all for the advice along the way, glad the chase is finally over as was getting a bit tedious toing and froing inside the head :D
Best way to look at is the other bits are simple aftermarket items. Expect to pay around £450-500 for a westfalia detachable two bar installed by mobile fitter and coded into the van’s systems. Swivel seats can be bought from loads of places; sportscraft and kiravans items seem to be amongst the most popular. :thumbsup:

Best way to look at is the other bits are simple aftermarket items. Expect to pay around £450-500 for a westfalia detachable two bar installed by mobile fitter and coded into the van’s systems. Swivel seats can be bought from loads of places; sportscraft and kiravans items seem to be amongst the most popular. :thumbsup:

Thanks DaveyB, I did ask the dealer that I was in the process of procuring a van elsewhere and it was going to come with tow bar ready. Asked him if it was a chew (mainly worried about van getting stripped down to get wiring done) and he said it was easy and painless to get a competent fitter to carry this work out so that was refreshing to hear.

Definitely want the swivel seats so guess after market ones will be just as good and maybe at the time I could go leather (if theres any money left in the pot) :cry:

Thanks DaveyB, I did ask the dealer that I was in the process of procuring a van elsewhere and it was going to come with tow bar ready. Asked him if it was a chew (mainly worried about van getting stripped down to get wiring done) and he said it was easy and painless to get a competent fitter to carry this work out so that was refreshing to hear.

Definitely want the swivel seats so guess after market ones will be just as good and maybe at the time I could go leather (if theres any money left in the pot) :cry:
Westfalia is what they would fit in the factory, and I believe getting it done aftermarket is actually cheaper than you would pay for the factory fit (even though it is the same).
I’ve gone for Kiravans off-set swivels as they have a low profile, and being 6’5” tall I can’t afford to give away seat height.

Westfalia is what they would fit in the factory, and I believe getting it done aftermarket is actually cheaper than you would pay for the factory fit (even though it is the same).
I’ve gone for Kiravans off-set swivels as they have a low profile, and being 6’5” tall I can’t afford to give away seat height.

So being 6' would normal profile seats suffice, also are seats fixed or do they adjust in height when required

Last edited by a moderator:
Back