Kitchen in twin slider

smoz

Hi, I'm installing an EVO Design kitchen in my RHD LWB twin slider, on the driver's side and I'm after some advice.
Firstly, after a trial fit, the rubber bump stop on the sliding door hits the back corner of the kitchen just as it opens/closes. I don't really want to take a chunk out of the back of the cupboard (although that is a possibility), I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue and how did you solve it? Did you (can you) cut the bump stop down or even remove it?
Secondly, do you have any images you'd care to share, of the back of your kitchen with the sliding door open, so I can get some ideas on how to finish it off and how to use the access?
Many thanks

The bump stop is also the hard stop without it the door pretty much comes off the rail. Morland supply Evomotion so they may do a matching 3mm board, alternatively consider a plain colour, bare board from experience in that area doesn't look good so you could paint or varnish

100% ensure you state its a twin slider. I ordered evo motion with a twin slider. There was no option on the website so assumed they were the same fitment. Its not.
Mines not 100% perfect fitment but it works out well as I have a slightly larger storage in the wardrobe which I am happy about. They should be able to cut for a twin slider if you mention it to them.

100% ensure you state its a twin slider. I ordered evo motion with a twin slider. There was no option on the website so assumed they were the same fitment. Its not.
Mines not 100% perfect fitment but it works out well as I have a slightly larger storage in the wardrobe which I am happy about. They should be able to cut for a twin slider if you mention it to them.
Thanks, yes it was all sorted for twin slider at order stage and EVO have been great. I have the kitchen built, ready, but it's the sliding door bump stop that is the issue, as it catches the vertical of the rear of the unit behind the driver seat. Someone said they had removed their bump stop and were just careful opening it. I wondered what others have done about it. Cheers

Looked at mine earlier and there is wat appears to be a back up in the top runner and the lower runner which clips into the restraint. I suspect therefore that the rubber stop is to prevent excess force on the lower locking mechanism if the door is slammed open. On the T5 Forum someone placed a small piece of wood in the top slider but mine has a thick rubber washer.

Yes I see what you mean airhoguk and mine has the rubber in the top rail too. I think I'll just remove the bump stop, be careful and see how I get on. Thanks again.

This is what I got back from evo the other day when I asked them. So it looks like you need to scribe the area out for the bump stop.

"we don't specifically design for twin sliders, so when we do a kit adaptation for one, we simply add an area that is cut out for the seat pillar, and we leave the customer to scribe in the sides"

Back