Sold Kiravans T5/T6 double swivel

Status
Not open for further replies.

mri_ice

VIP Member
Selling my Kiravans T5/T6 double swivel base for the passenger seat, removed today after 6 months of use (so don't expect a brand new item :))

Excellent working condition, only selling as upgraded to a MsCraft double swivel base.

I would rather not post (heavy item) so collection West Sussex only (Storrington). £320 new, I'm selling for £150 so go grab a bargain!

double swivel.jpg

Interested in this, is it complete with all the bolts with it? Any squeaks etc?
Hi I have a double seat swivel for sale it’s currently at £225 however I would take £180 for it, I’ll bump the sale so that you can see details. We’re in east Cornwall

Interested in this, is it complete with all the bolts with it? Any squeaks etc?
Hey I’m selling mine. About 3 months old, no squeaks or issues. Can do collection from Cambridgeshire or meet somewhere if more convenient. Selling for £200

Selling my Kiravans T5/T6 double swivel base for the passenger seat, removed today after 6 months of use (so don't expect a brand new item :))

Excellent working condition, only selling as upgraded to a MsCraft double swivel base.

I would rather not post (heavy item) so collection West Sussex only (Storrington). £320 new, I'm selling for £150 so go grab a bargain!

View attachment 132451
Hi, I've been looking at this and the mscraft one, which is better? as you have had both to compare?

Hi, I've been looking at this and the mscraft one, which is better? as you have had both to compare?
Having had both, the Mscraft one is definitely the one I would go for again. It’s so much easier to turn the double seat on that base since you can push it back entirely before turning.

However there are a couple of things to be aware of - none that are an issue to me but I can see how they may be for some:

• The front bolts are under the seat so you need to lift the seat itself to get access to the storage compartment - which of course needs to be empty enough so you can get to the bolts at the bottom.
  • Since it’s on “wheels” it doesn’t really work with anything like mats in the back. I have a mat / rug covering the floor in the back which I need to lift to pull the seat back.

Apart from that - outstanding and imho much better than the Kiravans base.

Having had both, the Mscraft one is definitely the one I would go for again. It’s so much easier to turn the double seat on that base since you can push it back entirely before turning.

However there are a couple of things to be aware of - none that are an issue to me but I can see how they may be for some:

• The front bolts are under the seat so you need to lift the seat itself to get access to the storage compartment - which of course needs to be empty enough so you can get to the bolts at the bottom.
  • Since it’s on “wheels” it doesn’t really work with anything like mats in the back. I have a mat / rug covering the floor in the back which I need to lift to pull the seat back.

Apart from that - outstanding and imho much better than the Kiravans base.
Thanks that's very useful. When you say the craft one doesn't work with mats, is it ok on the factory standard rubber floor?

Thanks that's very useful. When you say the craft one doesn't work with mats, is it ok on the factory standard rubber floor?
i'm pretty sure it will the 2 x rollers are about 2 inches wide and about a inch in diameter you can leave the seat pulled back sitting looking out the sliding door this base is great for spinning the seat if you have arm rests too

@MattWeston I've never had the Mscraft swivel but I have got a Kiravans in my camper. Apart from the extra bit of height which it adds (I think it's about 1"), I'm very happy. I have always found it easy to swivel and contrary to some reports, you can leave the handbrake on when doing so (or, at least, I can on mine). Maybe I'm misunderstanding them but if @Mud Digger is saying that you have to empty the seat base every time that you want to swivel it (and presumably put all the stuff back once swivelled!), that would definitely fall into the 'too much of a pain in the aris category' for me.

@MattWeston I've never had the Mscraft swivel but I have got a Kiravans in my camper. Apart from the extra bit of height which it adds (I think it's about 1"), I'm very happy. I have always found it easy to swivel and contrary to some reports, you can leave the handbrake on when doing so (or, at least, I can on mine). Maybe I'm misunderstanding them but if @Mud Digger is saying that you have to empty the seat base every time that you want to swivel it (and presumably put all the stuff back once swivelled!), that would definitely fall into the 'too much of a pain in the aris category' for me.
lol... Not a pain... just some crocs and trainers and the Jack in my seat...i can reach mine easy and its only 2 bolts.. All the swivels add a inch or so but it's my best bit of kit is my Craft swivel
worth any little bit of Effort so sit, looking out the slider door . i don't put them back in after swiveled just for driving ... So are you hording @MattWeston lol... you could put it ALL in a box if you filled up your space... ha ha ha ... Just take it easy ...

PS have you got arm rests fitted.....

My seat base is absolutely full with all kinds of stuff that I tend to leave in the van all of the time.

lol... Not a pain... just some crocs and trainers and the Jack in my seat...i can reach mine easy and its only 2 bolts.. All the swivels add a inch or so but it's my best bit of kit is my Craft swivel
worth any little bit of Effort so sit, looking out the slider door . i don't put them back in after swiveled just for driving ... So are you hording @MattWeston lol... you could put it ALL in a box if you filled up your space... ha ha ha ... Just take it easy ...

PS have you got arm rests fitted.....
Thanks mud digger,not hording stuff, just interested in how easy they both are to use. I don't have armrests, just a standard 3 seat bench. Thanks

Hi I have a double seat swivel for sale it’s currently at £225 however I would take £180 for it, I’ll bump the sale so that you can see details. We’re in east Cornwall
Did this sell?

View attachment 132451
Did this sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back