Key Help!

mtcbrown10

Good Morning,
Could anyone tell me how i can sort out the NO KEY on the dash? I lost my old key got a new one and the zaper works but my van doesnt start/does start but then cuts out straight away.
This is driving me mad now so icould really do with some help! TIA

You need to get the new key coded to the van. My manual says go to a dealer to get this done.

Pete

Or fine someone with vcds/vcp to code it for you.

The pessimist me thinks T6 is equipped with 5th gen immobilizer. The 5th gen has been in the market quite long time already so probably even the Transporter have it. That's what a technician at local VW garage told when I was after an extra key a year ago. Happy to stand corrected on this.

Immobilizer - Ross-Tech Wiki

The pessimist me thinks T6 is equipped with 5th gen immobilizer. The 5th gen has been in the market quite long time already so probably even the Transporter have it. That's what a technician at local VW garage told when I was after an extra key a year ago. Happy to stand corrected on this.

Immobilizer - Ross-Tech Wiki
Not sure, haven't tried to do it, but I thought the distinction was gen 5 had the immobiliser in the instruments and not a separate immobiliser module 25 which mine has????

Reactions: mmi
Back