Key Fob Only Intermittently Working

Richie Roo

Hi,

I have a 2018 Transporter & the key-fob won't always lock the van. I know it's not the key fob battery as when it works the range is excellent & I've checked it with both key fobs. Yet, the next time I drive somewhere & stop, bingo.. no problem & it's back to normal. Even if it's just to park the van 50 ft up the road.

I know some cars won't let you lock them if you've left the lights on or a door isn't shut or window partially open but I've tried to change all of those & it doesn't seem to help. I keep the lights on Auto, the doors are all shut & the indicator neutral.

Any ideas? Anyone else experiencing this? I feel as though I'm just missing something.

Thanks in advance, Richie

There have been issues in the past on some cars with other radio waves effectively blocking the signal from the fob to the car.
Is there any consistency as to where the fob doesn’t work, or is it any location ?

Pete

Does carista show any faults that might be linked..?
Hi jason,

No. I haven't tried this thanks. I just watched a youtube vid on Carista from your mention & it looks interesting. But before I go down that route I wanted to eliminate anything obvious. Just left a message for the dealer in case I have to go down a diagnostic route.

Back