Kenwood Sat Nav

Dave F

VIP Member
T6 Guru
My van is going int Vw for the kenwood sat nav head unit and dash cam. I I know that a lot say it’s overpriced and Rubish but I got s good deal after in with my crafter purchase. Will the original usb on the dash still work and will this be the main one for the app connect?.
Thanks

i took the original usb port out of it and attached the kenwood one into the back of it so i could still use the factory port easily done

No mate,

couple of clips the original comes out, the usb for the kenwood comes out the head unit at the back

i actually used double sided foam tape wrapped it around it and fixed the kenwood one to the back of the factory port, works just the same

No mate,

couple of clips the original comes out, the usb for the kenwood comes out the head unit at the back

i actually used double sided foam tape wrapped it around it and fixed the kenwood one to the back of the factory port, works just the same
Sounds simple,
I have the originals one and I also have fitted the comforter dash glove box with another one in there but it isn’t connected.
I also have the centre console fitted and this is where I would like the app connect lead to be.
So the existing one will go off when Vw fit the head unit. Thanks

Sounds simple,
I have the originals one and I also have fitted the comforter dash glove box with another one in there but it isn’t connected.
I also have the centre console fitted and this is where I would like the app connect lead to be.
So the existing one will go off when Vw fit the head unit. Thanks

No worries its easy to do just take the head unit out and feed it behind the vent to you can push the original usb out once the dash surround is off.

Just find whichever way works best to fix it behind the surround.

If you get stuck ill send you a photo

No worries its easy to do just take the head unit out and feed it behind the vent to you can push the original usb out once the dash surround is off.

Just find whichever way works best to fix it behind the surround.

If you get stuck ill send you a photo
Am I right in saying you get 2 one will just charge and the other will charge and also allow app connect?.
I get it fitted next week but just won’t to understand befor it goes in what I need to do and what they will do.

Thanks for your help I will give it a go.
My van is going in on Saturday to have the Kenwood sat nav and dash cam fitted.
Is there anything that I need to ask the dealer to program that they won’t unless I ask? Or is it all just straight forward. I just don’t won’t to get it home to find I have missed something off. Thanks

Back