Kenwood Dnx9180dabs - Reviews Please..

kn0bby

T6 Guru
Just tried to program my reversing camera into my VW head unit and its not supplied (yes I should have read the advert!)

Thinking about a Kenwood DNX9180DABS, I'll be using with an iPhone..

Any thoughts?

We had one fitted by absolut5 in Amesbury, the difference in the sound and vision is miles better then the standard audio unit supplied with the van. I haven’t got round to linking it with Apple play yet. Dvd sounds as if it is being shown in a cinema.

We had one fitted by absolut5 in Amesbury, the difference in the sound and vision is miles better then the standard audio unit supplied with the van. I haven’t got round to linking it with Apple play yet. Dvd sounds as if it is being shown in a cinema.

Can you try Apple CarPlay for me? Doesn't want to work on mine.. Only purchased the unit because I saw it was CarPlay and WEBLINK.. Neither are working. :(

Working perfect now.

Had to delete the kenwood apps off my iphone, delete it from carplay and then try again.

Another of the superb Kenwood DNX 9180dabs installed today, superb HD screen with reverse tilt to sort any issues with glare, super fast application switching

Parking camera and works with factory parking sensors, mfsw and coded for nav directions on the MFD

C1298D31-EBD0-44A3-A81A-732CF770F579.jpeg 3F8E5E4A-094B-405B-969C-8883373ACCF4.jpeg 07F409CF-5D84-40F6-8CA5-BA92E2306D16.jpeg 40CC3524-6542-4649-8319-EA856A679E9E.jpeg FD15FA35-95F0-4FA3-B7D5-41822E311B8E.jpeg 6EE72699-BB18-482F-915C-5FB9C47151AE.jpeg

Im thinking about swapping the headunit in my van because apple carplay isnt enabled. Although I think I could buy a code from VW to enable it?
Also the limit on 4 digits in the postcode for the sat nav really bugs me as well.

With the Kenwood will everything in the info part of the dash in the bottom pic still work as before (inc the sat nav directions?)

Also what else do I need to but in addition to the Kenwood unit itself to make it fit and work? I have OEM reversing camera as well.

Thanks

It ain't cheap but I think its worth it.. Not had a chance to really play with it but carplay is super fast and works really well. I want to have more of a play with adding images etc to the screen.

Absolu5 can provide all the cables and adapters to get the rear reversing camera etc to work.

The centre dash still works, you have to program it.

Im thinking about swapping the headunit in my van because apple carplay isnt enabled. Although I think I could buy a code from VW to enable it?
Also the limit on 4 digits in the postcode for the sat nav really bugs me as well.

With the Kenwood will everything in the info part of the dash in the bottom pic still work as before (inc the sat nav directions?)

Also what else do I need to but in addition to the Kenwood unit itself to make it fit and work? I have OEM reversing camera as well.

Thanks

We can supply everthing needed for seamless integration
Flush fit facia
Kenwood interface for parking sensors,mfd and MFSW
USB retention kit
Dab aerial adapter
Fm aerial adapter

It will retain the parking sensor graphics, vol up/down station up/down answer and hang up, station name, track name and Garmin nav directions on the MFD (needs coding) if it’s not a nav unit from factory

The only thing you lose is the call history on the mfd

But you gain so much more, super fast nav, Superb HD motorised reverse tilt screen, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, cd/dvd, sd, twin usb, Bluetooth and the ability to control the optional dash camera

We can supply everthing needed for seamless integration
Flush fit facia
USB retention kit
Dab aerial adapter
Fm aerial adapter

It will retain the parking sensor graphics, vol up/down station up/down answer and hang up, station name, track name and Garmin nav directions on the MFD (needs coding) if it’s not a nav unit from factory

The only thing you lose is the call history on the mfd

But you gain so much more, super fast nav, Superb HD motorised reverse tilt screen, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, cd/dvd, sd, twin usb, Bluetooth and the ability to control the optional dash camera

Thanks, I will look into how much the coding will be to get carplay working then assess if its a better option to upgrade. Can you pm me a quote please when you have time (no rush).

Hi Absolut5,

Would you please PM me an idea of cost of the Kenwood and the necessary adaptors to use the MFSW and display the parking sensor graphics and original aerials, also the USB retention.

Also, does it use the original microphone for the phone? Where do you mount the GPS aerial please?

Are you able to code in the MFD to display the nav directions?

Thanks for your assistance.

Pete.

Hi Absolut5,

Would you please PM me an idea of cost of the Kenwood and the necessary adaptors to use the MFSW and display the parking sensor graphics and original aerials, also the USB retention.

Also, does it use the original microphone for the phone? Where do you mount the GPS aerial please?

Are you able to code in the MFD to display the nav directions?

Thanks for your assistance.

Pete.

Will do

Hi i am after a quote for the supply and fitting of the new Kenwood DNX 9180dabs.
I need everything needed for seamless integration
Flush fit facia
USB retention kit
Dab aerial adapter
Fm aerial adapter
I have a 17 plate hipline thanks jason

Hi i am after a quote for the supply and fitting of the new Kenwood DNX 9180dabs.
Flush fit facia
USB retention kit
Dab aerial adapter
Fm aerial adapter

100% speak to @Absolut5 he will supply you with everything you need to fit..

Flush fit facia
USB retention kit
Dab aerial adapter
Fm aerial adapter

I will drop you a pm

Back