Just had coil overs fitted, mpg dropped 25-35% normal?

Vdubster

I have Just had coil overs fitted, my mpg has now dropped 25-35%, is that normal at all?

i do need to get it balanced and tracked again i understand, could that be whats causing the problem or is something else not right?

thanks for your help.

Tracking maybe or are you ragging it as it handles better? I.E. Heavy right foot?

Have a good look at your tyres to see if they are wearing abnormally.

Pete

"Mpg dropped 25-35%"

Based on what numbers?.....

How are you metering it out?

The wheels have been changed now, but this was in between that, i drive the same routes back and forth each day,. after the coil overs were fitted and doing the same routes i noticed the current mpg was about 25% lower than usual, as if there is some sort of additional weight or resistance added to the vehicle. i expected a slight mpg change etc before getting them balanced etc but it seems it has dropped more than i would have expected it do,

adding the wheels to the set up didnt seem to make it any worse but the coil overs definitely did, its currently away for the roof to be chopped off so when it back i ll get it all balanced and tracked and see if it is just that or it doesnt improve much,

Tracking maybe or are you ragging it as it handles better? I.E. Heavy right foot?
Good point! Whilst I’m not “ragging it”, I do find that I am driving a little faster than I did before I had my suspension sorted! It is definitely a case of being less aware of the speed I am doing because the ride is better.

Good point! Whilst I’m not “ragging it”, I do find that I am driving a little faster than I did before I had my suspension sorted! It is definitely a case of being less aware of the speed I am doing because the ride is better.
There’s a BIG difference in my MPG when I’m chilling to when I’m on a mission.

I had my van mapped and Oli said “you’ll get to the gear you want, quicker, so your MPG will improve..”.
However, knowing it’s been mapped, I now find I just mash the throttle and enjoy the torque speed, so my MPG has not improved :geek:
It was the same after I had it lowered.

Go for a sedate motorway drive and see how it reads - that’ll confirm it hasn’t changed.

They havent replaced your brake calipers and twisted the flexi hose in the process ? Are your brakes operating okay? Not getting hot/ pulling?

They havent replaced your brake calipers and twisted the flexi hose in the process ? Are your brakes operating okay? Not getting hot/ pulling?
Doesnt seem to be, i still havent got to the bottom of it, vans been away a week getting the roof done, its definitely not me though, ill see how she is after re balancing etc etc

Back