Is The Kenwood Dnx525dab A Factory Headunit

Lylachops

Hi, i’m new to the forum and the T6
I got a 2015 lwb Sportline on Thursday and I’m disappointed with the headunit and the overall sound.
Would this have been original or aftermarket? Both dab and fm are poor, the reversing camera image doesn’t always appear on screen when reverse is selected and I’m not a fan of the Garmin satnav, I spent 2 hours today trying to get my iPhone to work with the smartlink to eventually be told by Garmin it doesn’t work on that headunit (odd when to me when it’s there by default and the only app that it has has been discontinued.

No not factory it’s been swapped out at some point (possibly by a dealer as kenwood is the aftermarket range they offer)

No not factory it’s been swapped out at some point (possibly by a dealer as kenwood is the aftermarket range they offer)
Thanks Pauly, do you know if it’s possible to find out what was in originally, also do you have any idea if the head unit is considered to be good or not?

There are only three factory options, two radio varieties (one with smaller screen and one with a larger screen) then the full sat nav headunit
If you pm me your VIN number i can check for you and see what was in there but not sure its going to make any difference as factory headunits are not interchangeable between vehicles

Back