Is it important to have a TUV tested roof.

VdubVirgin

VIP Member
Van is in to get converterd. It comes standard with a creative v dubs pop top. I have been offered to pay an extra £1,100 for skyline. I know these are TUV tested. Is it worth it.
my concern is with creative vdubs, what if they go under I have no way of getting unit repaired or replacement canopy etc.

This is a copy ...

ELEVATING ROOFS
One of the most common changes made to a vehicle during conversion is the addition of an elevating roof. We fit the REIMO roof which is TUV Approved (this is a German approval to check and certify the safety, performance, and quality of equipment). The REIMO is one of only two roofs that I am aware of to meet this. The approval covers the roof itself and also the strengthening frame, to show that in the event of accident the vehicle will hold its structural integrity. For this the roof must properly fit the roofline of the vehicle – this sounds obvious but we are often shocked by how badly the ‘REIMO copied’ roofs are installed and how badly they fit the vehicle.

Not your roof but another TUV tested competitive..... Purely from a safety prospective what ever you fit needs some form of testing to insure the integrity of the vehicle and the safety of your family

Van is in to get converterd. It comes standard with a creative v dubs pop top. I have been offered to pay an extra £1,100 for skyline. I know these are TUV tested. Is it worth it.
my concern is with creative vdubs, what if they go under I have no way of getting unit repaired or replacement canopy etc.
The roof insert has to stiffen the body after the hole is cut, I would imagine TUV standard is quite high for that reason. I visited a few converters before making my choice and all of them recommended either Reimo or SCA despite order back logs.
I ended up with a Reimo with a guarantee and certificate from Reimo.

Back