Pop-top fit cost

Jim Rey

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I have just been quoted £5495 to get a pop-top roof fitted!!
Anybody want to buy my pop-topless campervan because I don't fancy paying that?

that could be considered cheap - they go up in price well higher than that.

whats the plan?, sell the van and buy another thats already has the roof done?

Reactions: Bav
Yeah I think £5k for a fitted pop top is about average?

You can probably get cheaper but you can definitely go much more expensive!!

that could be considered cheap - they go up in price well higher than that.

whats the plan?, sell the van and buy another thats already has the roof done?

I would like to sell the van and get something bigger like a Crafter and self-convert that.
Selling private worries me in case of come-back and dealers offer way under what it's worth. I have looked after it well and it looks and runs like a dream. I will re-post advert on T6 forum soon. I had it on here last year but was probably too late and being a T30 SWB 102PS Trendline without AC probably puts folk off. My van has only got 16,700 on the clock.When I look at what dealers are wanting for vans older than mine and with much higher mileage I am shocked

Last edited:
Reactions: CAB
I would like to sell the van and get something bigger like a Crafter and self-convert that.
Selling private worries me in case of come-back and dealers offer way under what it's worth. I have looked after it well and it looks and runs like a dream. I will re-post advert on T6 forum soon. I had it on here last year but was probably too late and being a T30 SWB 102PS Trendline without AC probably puts folk off. My van has only got 16,700 on the clock.When I look at what dealer are wanting for vans older than mine and with much higher mileage I am shocked
No comeback whatsoever if you sell privately (but you may be named & shamed if you sell a dud to a fellow forum member :D).

No comeback whatsoever if you sell privately (but you may be named & shamed if you sell a dud to a fellow forum member :D).
defo not a dud!!. Happy to let the AA or RAC to do a detailed inspection... in fact, I would insist on it so I could post result on here to maintain my good reputation. Feelings hurt :p

It's from Jerba Campervans Ltd,Unit B, Halfland Barns, North Berwick, East Lothian, EH39 5PW

View attachment 233943
Sounds like you have made your mind up on getting another van but if you want more info about the Jerba pop top feel free to ask me. My van was done in 2020 by Jerba and it was about that price back then painted in Reflex Silver. Apart from the quality of the installation there are a lot of excellent features built into it. My needs included a high roof rack loading and I couldn't find a roof anywhere that bettered the 100kg (closed obvs) that Jerba build it for.

Sounds like you have made your mind up on getting another van but if you want more info about the Jerba pop top feel free to ask me. My van was done in 2020 by Jerba and it was about that price back then painted in Reflex Silver. Apart from the quality of the installation there are a lot of excellent features built into it. My needs included a high roof rack loading and I couldn't find a roof anywhere that bettered the 100kg (closed obvs) that Jerba build it for.
I have no doubt they would do a great job but for me, it's too much money to justify that level of investment. I should have got it done when I bought the van back in 2019

Just had a look at your van. Top job. Beautiful looking van and the Jerba pop-top looks great!

Has it got to be a Jerba
There are others on the market
Not really. One concern with getting it done is how they cut the existing roof. I have seen some shocking Youtube videos where one company was using an angle grinder

Last edited:
I think you have answered your own question, surely getting a poptop done at this stage would cost you more than you would get back in resale value

Reactions: Bav
I think you have answered your own question, surely getting a poptop done at this stage would cost you more than you would get back in resale value
Exactly. Just exploring how to make the van more sellable. Defo not worth spending £5k on a sheet of fibreglass and canvas at this stage. Labour rates these days are thru the roof… which is what accounts for the majority of the cost for anything these days

I don't have a pop top but only me and my dog .was tempted but really all u get is head room .and at 60 who wants to be climbing up into a pop top roof bed lol .I am taking my rock and roll bed out and fitting a U Shaped unit in .iv a T6 Swb .any one looking a rock and roll bed lol

Back