Is anyone having problems with DAB reception suddenly?

I've tried downloading music to Spotify (making sure to tick the High Quality) for when DAB and also mobile reception is poor, and it sounds terrible via bluetooth.
Don't get me wrong, it's far from great, just a lot better than the DAB radio. The opposite to the Mrs's car where standard BMW harmon kardon setup sounds amazing with DAB and less so with bluteoothed Spotify.

Reactions: CAB
Ignoring how long DAB has been a thing, it's still terrible reception. To the point where I didn't bother fitting a DAB aerial in my van with the Halo. I stream all my music from iTunes so there was no need really.

Just look at this and see for yourself. No wonder it's spotty at best.

DAB-Wales.jpg
DAB-North-England.jpg
DAB-SW-England.jpg

A few years ago I added DAB radio to the list of things that we were promised would be better but turned out to be crap.

I've just swapped from a ford connect - signal was brilliant on this. I had caddys prior to the ford and they were dismal. My new T6.1 is awful. Seems like VW dont do DAB - maybe thats the only benefit i can see of the Ford/VW merger - good DAB

I must be the exception here. We have a Skoda Yeti & a T6, both with the Discover Media (or the Skoda equivalent) and we use DAB all the time. The only time we know it will drop out is going over Woodhead or up in the Lakes. The sound quality is noticeably better than FM.

Single is atrocious even on the drive
I can get in my wife’s discovery sport and it works great no dead spots get in the van and nothing till I drive 100m down the road then it will cut out again
When I fit my new amp I am going to try a different aerial !!!

Even a better aerial will struggle. I gave up and use the BBC Sounds or other radio Apps through CarPlay.

I never had a problem with the dab signal and I am on my second T6.1. Until recently, when I swapped out my amp for a bigger version of the Audison 5600. Since doing this my dab signal cuts off all the time. Im thinking it could be interference somewhere, but everything is the same as it was. I have just upgraded to a slightly bigger amp and in doing so lost may dab signal lol.
When I get chance I will reverse what I have done to see if it fixes the issue. It could all just be coincidence but I think not.
Apparently the aerial is in the wing mirrors.

I never had a problem with the dab signal and I am on my second T6.1. Until recently, when I swapped out my amp for a bigger version of the Audison 5600. Since doing this my dab signal cuts off all the time. Im thinking it could be interference somewhere, but everything is the same as it was. I have just upgraded to a slightly bigger amp and in doing so lost may dab signal lol.
When I get chance I will reverse what I have done to see if it fixes the issue. It could all just be coincidence but I think not.
Apparently the aerial is in the wing mirrors.
I’m not sure this is 100% but some of the t6.1 aerials are not shielded correctly , manufactured from another company.

We supply many 5.600s and only seen this once so far

Back